PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Went to dealer , quality ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 02:28 AM
Default Went to dealer , quality ?'s

I stopped at the dealer after it closed and just have a few quick ?'s.

What's your experience's with overall quality of the H3 ? the door handles don't seem very strong and seemed loose on a alot of them I played with , like you could break them right off. I also noticed the chrome package seemed cheap on the door handle , like it's chromed plastic. Front bumper or plastic bumper seemed pretty flexible/wimpy ( surprised at that ) .

How brite are the fog light's on there and can you only use them when low beem's are on , or high beems or with parking light's , also do the DRL's in the healight's or parking light's ? Can you turn them offf with the switch ?

Are you all happy with the fit and finish ?

I would opt for a black one , and it seems that 98% of the stock has adv.pkg. also have the Lux.pkg. , I did find one that just has adv. pkg , but then I sacirifice the good tune system that come's with the lux. pkg........blah , blah , blah....

Old 07-29-2006, 02:59 AM
Default RE: Went to dealer , quality ?'s

ORIGINAL: Fallz

I stopped at the dealer after it closed and just have a few quick ?'s.

What's your experience's with overall quality of the H3 ? the door handles don't seem very strong and seemed loose on a alot of them I played with , like you could break them right off. I also noticed the chrome package seemed cheap on the door handle , like it's chromed plastic. Front bumper or plastic bumper seemed pretty flexible/wimpy ( surprised at that ) .

The handles seem fine to me, they don't give me the impression that they are going anywhere. I noticed the front bumper is a little wobbly if you shake it. It's just composite cladding over a metal understructure, so it's going to shake a little. It probably could be a little firmer though.

How brite are the fog light's on there and can you only use them when low beem's are on , or high beems or with parking light's , also do the DRL's in the healight's or parking light's ? Can you turn them offf with the switch ?

The fog lights can be use at any time, except with the hi-beams. They actually work great, I think. They're much better than I expected them to be. They realy light up the area right in front of the H3 really well. The DRL can be turned off at each start up, if I rememebr correctly.

Are you all happy with the fit and finish ?

Yes, I'm very happy with the fit and finish so far. I have the cloth seats, and they seem well made, comfortable, and made from good materials. Doors shut nice and snug. Not rattles in mine so far (and I live miles down a dirt road). I'm very happy with the quality of the vehicle.

I would opt for a black one , and it seems that 98% of the stock has adv.pkg. also have the Lux.pkg. , I did find one that just has adv. pkg , but then I sacirifice the good tune system that come's with the lux. pkg........blah , blah , blah....

Old 07-29-2006, 03:40 AM

Fallz, I agree with fireman. Overall I am pleased wit the fit/finish of the h3. The fog lights are very bright, I too was impressed with them. I haven't had a problem with the door handle yet but I understand wht you mean, they do feel kind of on the wimpy side, but I am used to the metal ones on the tahoe. I don't think you will be displeased on the fit/finish if you buy one.

Old 07-29-2006, 05:35 AM

fallz your a strange man. you belong in a priez

Old 07-29-2006, 11:36 AM

I find the fit and finish to be great for a $30,000 vehicle. No rattles yet. The paint is good but has major orange peel. This I come to expect from GM. I have it too in my C6 Corvette which cost more.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: bigwood212

fallz your a strange man. you belong in a priez
The intellengence factor ( or lack of ) rear it's ugly head......If you have nothing to say , shut the 'f' up.......what the hell does Priez have to do with anything about my questions or concern's about this vehicle. Go stoke your little wood and be quiet.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:21 PM

Easy, easy. I am new here but there is way too much hostility. What is priez anyways? I do agree that if comments do not pertain to the topic and become personal and hostile, its better to keep it to yourself. We all love our Hummers. Share the love.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:42 PM

carbon, once your here a bit moe you'll realize that much of the hostility is all in fun. Bigwood and hummerguy123 like to needle people.

BTW..I think he meant prius.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:48 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

carbon, once your here a bit moe you'll realize that much of the hostility is all in fun. Bigwood and hummerguy123 like to needle people.

BTW..I think he meant prius.

And who did we learn it from dirt lifeguard? Have you considered turning the pool into an obstacle course for the H3? oh yeah your bling bling wont work there!!!

Fallz I agree about the loose plastic bumper. I have been looking into designing a replacement for fun. I like the access. for the the dreaded FJ as there aftermarket in hardcore offroad hardware seems to be ahead of the curve.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:49 PM

And who did we learn it from dirt lifeguard?

Quick Reply: Went to dealer , quality ?'s