PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Well I decided to trade in the H3....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Default Well I decided to trade in the H3....

I had finally had enough of this thing and found something that will fit my lifestyle better. I won't go into what I'm interested in and I won't go into what I don't like about the H3. Now I know what I REALLY don't like about the H3. These things don't hold their value worth SH*T!!!

Mine:
2006 H3
Adventure Package
Chrome Package
Auto
OnStar
In dash CD and XM radio
Added: H3 mudflaps, Huskey floor liners, cover king custom fit seat covers.
Mileage 4300
LIKE NEW, one tiny rock chip, not even like a chip on the drivers side rear fender.
This thing is PRISTINE.

I can get 23k and they don't come down on their vehicle one cent.

This just makes me sick to my stomach. Don't know if it's really bad because it's an 06 or what but it's seriously embarrassing. I wish all the jerks who give me dirty looks because they think I'm rich driving this thing knew what it was REALLY worth!!!

[:@]

So then I think to myself, I'll sell it outright. Look what the closest one to me just sold for on ebay! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190122865112

It's not the same but not too far off! Just downright embarrassing for a vehicle that wants to have the image Hummer wants to have. [:'(]

Old 06-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Default RE: Well I decided to trade in the H3....

Not sure what part of the country you are in but looking here in Texas that H3 with mileage and limited add ons would trade in at 25k. See the misconception that a lot of people have in vehicles is that they are worth more than they actually are. A vehicle will lose a large % when you drive it off the lot. The seat covers really don't add any extra value to the vehicle this is more of a personal luxury for you. The adventure model already includes the cd player/xm satellite/onstar/floor mats/trailer hitch. The vehicle you were looking at on Ebay wasfrom adealership they WILL ALWAYS sell it for more this is with all dealerships not just for Hummers. You also have to take into account the percentage rate you got when you originally purchased the vehicle, how much did you finance, what was the down payment, and that the first few years are mainly interest. Your best bet is to sell it privately you will get more for it than ANY dealer would give you, after all this is the car buying scenario... I feel your pain, but go online to www.nada.com and you can run the numbers yourself. Good luck in your new vehicle choice but I still love my H3 and I don't think you're going to find too many here that will disagree.
Sorry you've had such a bad experience but it can happen with ANY vehicle it just happened to be a Hummer for you.
[sm=smiley6.gif]

Old 06-20-2007, 10:14 PM

I understand the depreciation off the lot. I doubt nada will do much. I have used kbb.com all the time and it's never right. The dealerships all go by the most recent wholesale auction. I think my point on the seat covers and floor mats is what kind of condition this thing is in. I drove it for a week without them. It has been well protected, they are not luxury, they are protection. I expected to keep it longer, not sell it right after I took the big depreciation hit. My point about the one on ebay is that although I know ebay is a seller's market, I think 22k is a bit on the low side lol!!!! I guess I at least expected it to hold SOME value being a 4x4. Usually that helps around here. I'm in NM btw.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:14 PM

wow thats low

i got 26.5k for my 06 adv with no chrome packageand had 19k miles
i'll say shop around more for a better trade in

good luck

Old 06-20-2007, 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: kild1

wow thats low

i got 26.5k for my 06 adv with no chrome packageand had 19k miles
i'll say shop around more for a better trade in

good luck
Could that be because you traded it in for another hummer? I think it all has to do with what they charge for theirs. I don't mind if they give me 23 if they're coming down enough on theirs. It's a numbers game.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:27 PM

i did get a 07 hummer and they came down on it too
it was 42.900 and i got it for 37,xxx(2k down because they gave us more than we owed on the 06)out the door and a free set of marker lights
it could be the area i live too ,
toyota wanted to give me 25k trade in on a FJ
but while we were thinkn about it the wife saw the sonoma red h3
and we bought it the next day

Old 06-21-2007, 02:55 AM

ORIGINAL: kild1

i did get a 07 hummer and they came down on it too
it was 42.900 and i got it for 37,xxx(2k down because they gave us more than we owed on the 06)out the door and a free set of marker lights
it could be the area i live too ,
toyota wanted to give me 25k trade in on a FJ
but while we were thinkn about it the wife saw the sonoma red h3
and we bought it the next day
Darn Good Choice TOO!!!Name:  thumbsup.gif
Views: 39
Size:  3.2 KB

Old 06-21-2007, 03:00 AM

Hey, I got an 06 H3 Adventure with about the same as yours from the factory, plus $12k in aftermarket and I'm only asking $30,000. Getting calls but none are too serious so far.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:48 AM

Personally I think you need to keep a car for 3 years to take the sting out of depreciation. Trading after one year is a bitter pill!!

Old 06-21-2007, 07:22 AM

ORIGINAL: D VADER

Personally I think you need to keep a car for 3 years to take the sting out of depreciation. Trading after one year is a bitter pill!!
A very bitter pill indeed! Been there, done that... won't do it again. It's definitly better to keep the vehicle awhile.

Quick Reply: Well I decided to trade in the H3....