PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

this week sucked!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Default this week sucked!

it's been a little while since I've posted anything but that's because the new Alpha has been a real gem! So all has been quiet.
We've had the new H3 since January and in the last week we've had a chirping sound coming from the engine (fix: tightening of pulley pump) and now we took the car back into the dealership today because of a high pitched sound ie. fire alarm ringing, coming from the right side of the engine if you're sitting in the car. I don't know if the pulley pump and the highpitched alarm are related but we left it in the service dept.
We now have the truck back and I guess the problem was a "leaking vacuum line of the right valve cover" ... has anyone had this issue?
I hope someone finds this post useful in diagnosing a future issue. I'll keep everyone in the loop if this doesn't fix the problem.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Default RE: this week sucked!

CRAP!!!!![:@]

Good Luck!!!

Old 05-15-2008, 07:59 PM

There is a TSB for the pulley to be pulled....it is out of alignment and needs to be aligned...this will also cause a real annoying belt squeal/squeak if not done. Hopefully they did the TSB fix or it will start making the noise again......

Old 05-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Glad it was a quick easy fix. Thanks for the info.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:56 AM

Bugs! Still hammering out the bugs in mine, 10 K miles...
[ol][*]Replaced rear trim panel inside, was rattling and warped.[*]New rear brake pads to stop vibration.[*]New steering half shaft.[*]Charged A/C, already![*]Replaced A/C fan wiring harness, new one is getting hot too, meltingand stinking.[*]Rear diff leaking.[*]Replaced rear door check links.[*]Re-torqued front swaybar, was clunking.[/ol]
I'm sure this will go on for a while. The A/C problem worries me, 10K miles and already needs charged? Something ain't right there!

Old 05-16-2008, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Your right RJ. We have 10K on ours and so far no real issues.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

I had a clicking noise when opening or closing the driver door. Slowly over time it got worse. I looked at the hinges, both were fine. I lubed all four doors, still clicking
only on the driver door. Looked closer, found that the two 10MM nuts [if I remember]attaching the Door check Back (the white metal thing between the upper and lower hinges that holds the door open at half wayor all the way...checks it from closing back up!) were extremely loose. Finger tightening loose? So I got out a mini socket
and tightened the two nuts on each of the check backs for all four doors. Only the driver door was too loose.

The agony! Took about five whole minutes to figure out and correct, including lube job to all the hinges and check backs.

I think I got a lemon.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

I think the H3 plant needs a better Quality Control division...

Old 05-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Doc at least now you know you got an H3. Since we haven't had any issues with ours and I read all of these posts I am beginning to think ours isn't a real Hummer. I mean if it was shouldn't we have had to take it to the shop twenty times by now? I haven't even had to deal with a crappy service department or an ignorant service writer yet. I feel cheated because I don't feel like I have had the true Hummer experience that many are posting about. I think I am the one that got the lemon.