PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Water Leak on REAR floor board!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Question Water Leak on REAR floor board!

Baffled! I know the Hummer's have had their fare share of water leak issues because of the sunroof & drain tubes; however, this is NOT the cause for my leak. The drain tubes are intact and all 4 corners flow as they are supposed to. Only during a hard rain does the water get into my vehicle & it's coming in behind both C pillars which hide the rear seat belts. Both seat belts in the rear get wet... Can it be from the roof "track system" above? This is happening on both the left and right sides equally. It's been apart and back together again 3 times. What are we over looking?

Old 07-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Banned

It's been apart and back together again 3 times. What are we over looking?
apart means???,,,

when "apart", pour water in the roof drain area while parked "uphill" watch it!

the drains are not flowing enuf? in heavy rain.
if not the "window" must leak more than normal.

seems the track unlikely to leak both sides

Last edited by drtom; 07-01-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Default Water Leak on REAR floor board!

Thank you for the quick response. We have had the trim panels for the rear cargo area and C pillars off the vehicle and back on again 3 times trying to see where the water intrusion is originating. NO luck. Everything appears as if no problem exists, yet...when that hard rain hits, it's getting wet in behind there. We have found NO water intrusion thru any window seals as of now and have run a concentrated amount of water over top of them using a hose. It's odd, I've parked in the same spot at my facility for over 2 years now; however, it is only now that the water leak is present.???? I appreciate your input in the matter.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:29 PM

Please TZHummer, you gotta give us some info here for anyone to assist you.

What HUMMER do you have? Have you been driving the HUMMER in the rain when you notice the water intrusion? Waht year? How many miles? any modifications to your HUMMER, roof rack, factory crossrails, tail light guards, rear marker lights, etc?

Old 07-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Default Water Leak on REAR floor board!

> To TAINTER in MI. It's a 2006 Hummer H3X, OE 5 light "light bar" across the top in front, OE cross rails, OE brush guard with PIAA light system, Daystar leveling kit for the front end & just now turned 90,000 miles. It's garage kept at home & immaculate in condition.
> The water is NOT coming in while driving, ONLY when it sits. Oddly enough, it doesn't even leak when washing it at home & I do that every week without fail.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:59 PM

OK, so there isn't anything attached to the roof rails and it sounds like you have owned it since it was new. Hmmmm, check your rear door seal and see if it somehow became crimped on that corner? You may also want to look at the star bolts that hold the roof rails to the body. I have had them become loose over time on one of our H3s.

That's all I have for now. I'll look at mine in the AM and see if I can think of anythign else.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:01 PM

the star bolts will leak...a h2 has the star bolts on the roofrack,if anyone takes this screw out just remember to put the small o-ring gasket on the star bolt.