PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Water Leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Default Water Leak

Well after a bad rain and I think the first time I left my H2 outside, the entire floor board and under carriage was filled with water. I was driving a water bed everytime I accelerated and decelarated.

Go figure...my dealer and Gm would not warranty the issue. hey said it is a natural occurance therefore I was my fault. I asked them top show me in the maintanace manuel where I as a consumer can prevent this problem. They stated you can't. They said that when you off road, live in the valley where it it dusty, these things just happen. One problem, I don't off road and don't leave my vehicle outside...So now I have paid for the repair, my car is still in the shop drying out..GM stated that so sorry too bad....Any advise..I have a call into an attorney...If anyone had this problem..any advise would be appreciated..

Old 12-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Default RE: Water Leak

do you have a sunroof? it could be the drain tubes for it are clogged. otherwise, unless you left the window down you've got a leak somewhere that you shouldn't have. surprising that the hummer dealer wouldn't even mention that possibility, assuming you have a sunroof. if you can prove it's a leak from a sealed window, i think you've got a case, otherwise, you're probably out of luck with warranty. its hard to prove that you never went offroad, and also hard to prove that you didn't leave a window down. but if you can find the leak (i know, not easy to do) you can take that back to them.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Water Leak

Same thing happened to me... I posted a thread about it in this forum... the clearance lights leaked.... I took some blue RTV off of my service van...and sealed them...

got the shop vac out and sucked up all the water in the channels.... and then took my carpet cleaner to the carpet...

no issues since.