PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Water in floor

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 06:18 PM
Unhappy Water in floor

Greetings:
I am new to this Forum. Spanish is my first language. So, please ignore my errors.
My H3 2007 is leaking water from somewhere unknown. Water is accumulating on the floor in front of passenger's seat. I took it to an A/C technician and was told the problem is not with the A/C system.
Any ideas about what the problem could be? Has anyone experienced this situation?
H3 has never been in an accident. 62,000 miles. Perfect conditions.

Attached Thumbnails Water in floor-h3b.jpg  
Old 05-23-2014, 06:36 PM
Old 05-24-2014, 05:31 AM

Hummerz:

I had already checked the drain, using the wire we use in PR for building. So that is not the problem.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:15 AM

Not trying to be rude, but you have to check again using water not wire! Open your roof and pour water in the tray for drains and see if it drains quickly and flows free. If not you have a closed drain. Yon may have something in there that is only restricting it. I could feed trimmer line through but mine still overflowed when it rained hard. There really isn't anywhere else for water to come from.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:11 AM

Not rude at all!
But: If the sunroof is the problem, shouldn't the water come/leak from the roof itself?
In my case, water (more than half a gallon) seemed to came from somewhere close to the floor, or more precisely, between the floor and the dash.

Thanks for your help.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:50 AM

spend an hour to learn what hundreds of guys went thru as it was mentioned,,, trust people who have been here more than a week,,,

Finally, a fix for clogged sunroof drain tubes

Old 05-24-2014, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by happythree
spend an hour to learn what hundreds of guys went thru as it was mentioned,,, trust people who have been here more than a week,,,

Finally, a fix for clogged sunroof drain tubes
Now, this was rude.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:41 AM

no,this is rude, you can fix it or drill holes in the floor metal, let it drain there

Old 05-24-2014, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by h3puertorico
Hummerz:

I had already checked the drain, using the wire we use in PR for building. So that is not the problem.
Thanks for your suggestion.
Your drains are clogged! You don't need the drains, if you can find the source of water intrusion from your sunroof.
Here you go:

Old 05-24-2014, 01:56 PM

that doesnt appear to apply to the hummer brand of gm vehicles. there is no way to seal anything except how i have been describing with cleaning/applying silicone grease.

be assured that no matter what you do, water will get in.
mine is a tiny trace after a long heavy rain so do it your way and continue the struggle and the ongoing saga of blowing it out your rubber orfices!!

Quick Reply: Water in floor