PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Warranty versus Cold air intake, Throttle body spacer, and cat back exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Default Warranty versus Cold air intake, Throttle body spacer, and cat back exhaust

Does anyone know if these difinitively void your warranty? I have a new 2006 H3 (leftover). I love the truck and it drives great. The gas milage is way off from the EPA estimates (19 highway, 16 local). My first full tank of gas only gave me over 250 miles to close to empty (slightly over 10 MPG!). That is a whole other post....

The 06 power is a little sluggish (as it should be). There are 3 things I want to do as they were recommended by a friend that did this to his Ford F150.
- K&N cold air intake- he swears by this and the power he did get from it
- Airaid throttle body spacer- I saw numerous posts that these are "snake oil" fixes but he swears that he gets between 3 to 4 more miles to the gallon with his installed
- Magnaflow or Gibson exhaust system- Feel free to post your thought on which one is better and any stories

Here is the real point.... Yes, they can't void warranty for aftermarket products, unless it is the cause of the eventual problem. Has anyone done any of these to your H3 and had GM/Hummer tell you that your warranty is now voided? Are any of the 3 upgrades mentioned definite "warranty voiders" that you know of?

I wrote GM and Hummer directly and they never write me back with an answer (probably to cover themselves). I call the dealer and they never respond or get me a service tech that can answer the question?

Did anyone get the dealer to put these parts on to ensure it does not void the warranty?

Thanks in advance....

Old 12-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Default RE: Warranty versus Cold air intake, Throttle body spacer, and cat back exhaust

Had the throttle body spacer in my Avalanche ... What a waste of money, didn't even make a good paper weight so ended up dumping it in the garbage while pissin' n moanin about getting bent over .. this also after a friend swore by it ... Ironically I only swore/cursed BECAUSE of it ...

The K&N FIPK does not void the warranty unless it's proven it is the cause of the failure (correct me if I'm wrong here). If you do a search on it there is a thread that includes the legal verbage I believe. Never personally heard of a CAT back voiding warranty, hell Corsa is a certified GM aftermarket part (great product too by the way) ...

Old 12-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Default RE: Warranty versus Cold air intake, Throttle body spacer, and cat back exhaust

Please read the Magnuson Moss act (google it)

Old 12-06-2006, 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Please read the Magnuson Moss act (google it)
I was going to list it, but I didn't want to TAKE UP BANDWIDTH!!!

Old 12-06-2006, 04:56 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act

Old 12-06-2006, 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob
About bloody time you got with the program .... hehehehe....

Old 12-06-2006, 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

ORIGINAL: HummBob
About bloody time you got with the program .... hehehehe....
Name:  giggle.gif
Views: 615
Size:  1.8 KBName:  finger.gif
Views: 611
Size:  5.5 KBName:  giggle.gif
Views: 615
Size:  1.8 KB

Attached Images
File Type: gif
giggle.gif (1.8 KB, 60 views)
Old 12-06-2006, 06:11 PM

Ahh .. the ever so ellegant Prius owner salute! [sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 12-06-2006, 06:32 PM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

Ahh .. the ever so ellegant Prius owner salute! [sm=smiley4.gif]
Name:  giggle.gif
Views: 609
Size:  1.8 KB

Old 02-19-2007, 07:59 PM

it shouldn't void your warranty. the only problem ican see is if you put on an oiled filter and over-oil it, which will cause your MAF sensor to get clogged causing a problem. so if you use a dry filter, or don't over oil, you should be good!! GL.

P.S. So Corsa is recommended by GM. Sweet!!

Quick Reply: Warranty versus Cold air intake, Throttle body spacer, and cat back exhaust