PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Warning about Hummers in South Lake, TX

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Default RE: Warning about Hummers in South Lake, TX

I had the same happen to me with a pretty white Porsche 944 in another city years ago. Had it a few weeks and someone keyed it from fender to fender across the hood while I was at work (it was at night but was parked right under the lights by the secondary front entrance, we had armed security that patrolled the grounds at night. The Porsche had a good clear coat on it and good paint underneath. I was able to buffout 75% but the rest got to the metal and had to be repainted.

It could be the enviro libs at their mischief keying the Hummers in Southlake or it could have simply been someone so jealous about someone (anybody but them) that has a nice ride and probably a better life as (they) do. My 944 didn't get keyed by any enviro group...

Bottom line, this country is the land of liberty but I think we've gotten past the point of being to liberal on too many things and this current crop of enviro libs don't have a clue to the real H3 or anything else for that matter. The H3 probably gets as good or better gas mileage than half the vehicles on the road today. Let's face it, for the uninformed, the Hummer line is the Poster Child as THE example of the gas guzzling, mine's bigger than yours and I'll pollute more than you think I should

Regarding Southlake, TX. It's a very exclusive area in the Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex. I'm surprised there isn't any video security cams that may have seen something. Also, the people doing this are taking a big chance, there's plenty of police patrols as it's a very low crime area and there is probably a higher percentage of video cameras around it's public areas and businesses than your average surburb.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the cops catch'em or perhaps some gun totin Texan driving a Hummer with a gun permit will catch one of them doing it to their ride, I think the problem would be resolved rather quickly if the latter happens.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:49 PM

Ahhhh...I see the vagabond returns. How was your trip ?

Good points BTW.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:47 AM

vagabond??? crap gunner, I've been called a lot worse.

Which trip are you referring to? I've been traveling the last four weeks in a row. Right now I'm back in Tenn. this time I'm in Memphis.

Regarding that big honkin' spider... Back in New Orleans we just called them swamp spiders. I've seen them spin webs over twenty feet wide. Last time I saw one was up at the office there was one that had spun a small web (only about 6 feet wide) from a small tree to a hedge row. The gals at the office were freakin out, I had my camera and took a pic because they just couldn't believe the spider was that darn big. Musta been your spiders cousin..

Howz that new windshield Mark? Did it increase your HP any???

Old 08-07-2007, 07:59 AM

An old boss of mine had his brand new (at the time) Mustang keyed by some punks. Luckily he saw them and they got busted by the cops. They had to pay for the damage and fines. Remember that American in Singapore that got caught vandalizing a car and he was going to get caned? I remeber the big uproar by his family, the funny thing was, most of the people on the street in the US said "cane him!" I say we go back to that... I think it coming down to the day that we will need onboard cameras to guard our vehicles and catch these lunatics!

Old 08-07-2007, 08:14 AM

One more reason to have a CCW.

But seriously, this is pathetic. I think it's a bundle of jealousy mixed in with just straight up hatred of being successful, because lets face it, hummer drivers tend to be a little better off than your average run of the mill environmentalists.

One thing I beg to always ask, why key a gas guzzler? That is tons of resources wasted to prove a point, that’s a couple trips EXTRA to the body shop... that’s a whole lot of more gas, paint, resources wasted. I love how they protest a ski resort cutting down trees by burning down the entire ski resort and forrest next to it... or how they protest gas guzzlers as wasting the enviroment but then they go and torch an entire dealership.

I'd also like to point out that a lot of these enviro hippies drives cars that are spewing and sputtering into the atmosphere... but yet they bitch about a clean burning machine. Ask an environmentalist type person what they think about the Bugatti Veyron, most are likely to say awesome... but they quickly forget the 2mpg it gets.

I dare somone to do that to my truck, I dare them.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Well... the nasty note left on my truck the other night was obviously left by a tourist....I assume this only because you can't drive 2 miles in any direction from my house without seeing at least a dozen hummers of some sort.... so... back to the tourists...you know... someone that isn't happy living where they live so they get in their car and drive from Philty every weekend to dip their greasy asses in the ocean. Hate me all you want mother ****er.... you're the ones wasting millions of gallons of gas every summer driving back and forth....

Old 08-07-2007, 05:36 PM

I like your thinkin!! Thats what I would do...sit there and wait with a beer and my Bushmaster[sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Only a lil bitc# would mess with another mans car[:@]

ORIGINAL: importkiller

Do what we did when a group of idiot import owners were keying American made sports cars in a local mall a few years back. Park your hummer (or my GN in my case) in a dark spot so it seems like an easy target to the morons. Then get out and sit in a buddies car and wait, when the idiots show up...SO DO YOU

Old 08-07-2007, 10:35 PM

That would sure work! Hahaha

Old 08-07-2007, 11:58 PM
ZOO

The sad thing is we work hard (most of us) for our money to buy the items we want. It's not about theircrude research skills into automotive facts with an emphasis on enviornmental concerns. It's about these moronsbreaking the law and vandalizing your personnel property for their gain (gain being pissing you off).Do what you have to catch these people and turn themoverto the police. Then when you get yourself agood lawyer, tell him/her how the very act scarred you emotionally .Then proceedto sueing the hell out of thelaw breakers estate.[sm=bling.gif]

Old 08-08-2007, 01:55 AM

Thanks for the heads up. My mother in law lives in Keller so I end up in Southlake quit a bit.

Quick Reply: Warning about Hummers in South Lake, TX