PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Wanting to purchase H3, need feedback from current owners!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Default Wanting to purchase H3, need feedback from current owners!

I am an avid outdoor enthusiast. I go hiking and take my kids out with our dirt bikes and quads at least once a month. I have had a ` truck to haul our gear and manage the off-roading trips, but the suspension isn't cutting it anymore. I was told by several Hummer owners that this SUV can handle anything and everything, and judging by the climbing and areas that they were able to take their vehicles, this must be true. I have visited a Hummer dealer in my area, and I really like the H3, but I am still stumped as to whether I should get the H3, H3X, or H3 Alpha model. Any suggestions H3 owners? I am also looking into a warranty when purchasing it as well. Should I do the dealer factory warranty or an aftermarket one, and where should I look? Any advice or feedback would be really helpful. Thanks!

Old 11-11-2009, 01:31 PM

If you're looking for somthing to haul your bikes, I think the H3T is more up your alley. H3X is mostly dolled up for the city folk. I'd personally probably avoid it if you're headed offroad just because your going to be paying a premium for some fancy chrome pieces you won't really need. Good luck in your search!

Old 11-11-2009, 02:08 PM

Alpha - Adventure pkg

Old 11-15-2009, 10:31 AM

If you are pulling a trailer, then you'd probably benefit from an Alpha with the extra power of a V8. The H3T might be a great choice also if you can put the dirt bikes and quads into the bed.

No matter what you do, you want the Adventure package for the bigger tires, better gearing, suspension, and the lockers.

You might also see if the dealer will swap the OEM tires for a more suitable offroad choice. The tires that GM puts on as standard are marginal (at best) offroad.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:17 PM

I wish I got the H3T, that would be alot more fun. Don't get the regular H3 because it is only a 3.5 lt.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by 2wheelmonster
I wish I got the H3T, that would be alot more fun. Don't get the regular H3 because it is only a 3.5 lt.
3.5 was only in the 2006 model year.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:31 AM
Banned
Smile will

i need to pull the front wheel from my reg bicycle to get it in h3.

face it , there is no real room inside h3 and i doubt a h3t will have much room.

figure a trailer

btw the h3 back seats should be reversed so the big section is on the right so the driver can keep his seat back and still have SOME room for stuff

i love driving my h3---EMPTY,,OR A COUPLE BAGS AND A COOLER FOR A TRIP, my bike if i get it in!!

im thinking of removing the back seats completly since i rarely have passengers,,then maybe some space huh?

tom

Old 11-30-2009, 06:49 PM

You'll get a lot of different opinions and advice here. Haha. None of it is bad either. Go test drive them and decide for yourself. You can't go wrong with whatever you choose suits you best.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Default In line 5 Cyl. underpowered

I just traded my 07 H3 in for a H2. I live in colorado at 5200 feet so altitude was one of the problems. But i think that more than that the 32 inch tires there just isnt enough motor for the heavy body and tires. If you can get a bigger motor get it. I pulled a 3 rail trailer and 2 300 xc's and it was a struggle. I have a 19 foot caravelle fish and ski boat and thought I was going to have to get out and push it up the mountains here in colorado. Other than that it was a great vehicle. Maybe at sea level it would perform alot better. Oh and I only got 2-4 miles per gallon more with the H-3 because the rpms were constanly being pushed to compensate for power in the mountains.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Default decided to go with the H2 model

Thank you all for all your feedback and advice. It was good to get some insight from current Hummer owners rather than asking questions at the dealer. i test drover a dozen of them and decided to go with the H2 model. It has plenty of cargo space for the whole family and our gear, and it has awesome power and handles really well. We're very happy with it so far. I am still researching aftermarket warranties for when the factory warranty expires. So far I've gotten a quote and good vibe from this site: www.hummerwarranties.com. They have a great rating with the BBB, but I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with them?