PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Want to install Motorola Bluetooth...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 12:11 AM
Default Want to install Motorola Bluetooth...

Is there a mute wire on the radio harness that I can splice into? Since I'm going to be in there installing the lower grille fog lights I figured now would be a good time to also do the Bluetooth install. I wouldn't think of asking this question anywhere else!

Old 12-15-2006, 02:53 AM
Default RE: Want to install Motorola Bluetooth...

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundgmcellv2.html

I think this is what you are looking for.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:20 AM

Thanks! You do know your stuff, don't you. I have an 07 with the 6 disc XM radio. I'm assuming when they say 2005-2006 on the logjam site, not much has changed. Now if I would only feel good about removing the fascia for the radio???

Old 12-15-2006, 02:45 PM

the radio trim bezel comes out so easy, once it's out you'll kick yourself for bieng afraid to do it. It's held in by only clip so you don't have to be afraid of breaking anything. just put your two fingers in the 2 12v plug holes on the bottom (look like cigarette lighter outlets). Just put two fingers in there kinda bend you finger once it's in the socket so you have a good grip and pull out, shoult take all of 10 seconds to do. Or what I did the first time is to use a small flat blade screwdriver and work my way around the entire belzel prying it up until it was all off. Just be careful not to damage any of the surfaces with this method.

And yes, logjam isn't updated on their product line as far as 07's. that should work with no problems.

Old 12-15-2006, 02:55 PM

Wait a minute here .. stick your fingers IN the 12V outlets!? Didn't you forget to mention to make SURE your fingers are wet and the car is running Impy!?!?! LMAO!

Old 12-15-2006, 03:10 PM

it's not my method, it's Dennis method, it does work well though. I've done it 10 times or so and never got zapped...even if you did, big deal...there aren't enough amps to even give you a good buzz.

Old 12-15-2006, 03:33 PM

I should've known it was Dennis ... LMAO! I know doode, I've been zapped more times than I care to remember ... took 277V out of the data center light switch last year .. thought I'd been hit by lightning LOL!

On a side note ... you should change that McDeath sign to say "I love your wife's hummer(s)" hehehe

Old 12-15-2006, 03:41 PM

In the other forum I moderate some guy's wife was all over me because she wanted to drive my hummer. he got pissed at me cause I of course flirted back with her So I made that avatar to **** him off a little more.

Old 12-15-2006, 03:58 PM

LMAO! Can't blame ya, I would've too ..

Old 01-06-2007, 08:38 PM

IgottaH3,

Do you have any pics of your Motorola bluetooth kit installation? Which kit did you use? Did you get the cable from LogJam?

Quick Reply: Want to install Motorola Bluetooth...