PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Video - FJ Cruiser struggling

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 12:56 AM
Default RE: Video - FJ Cruiser struggling

I thought about that too and then I went back and watched the video on the hummer site and it looks like the rear is locked because when the back tire gets in the air, it just keeps on rolling...so how did they lock the rear with the traction control on?!?!

Old 11-28-2006, 12:57 AM

Thanks OUTLAW!

Old 11-28-2006, 01:07 AM

The Only thing I can guess..is that they had the diff lock on only and of course the traction control was disabled..the system won't allow any other way..They both can't be on..it would be self defeating.

Old 11-28-2006, 04:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Ghostrider

I thought about that too and then I went back and watched the video on the hummer site and it looks like the rear is locked because when the back tire gets in the air, it just keeps on rolling...so how did they lock the rear with the traction control on?!?!

DOes teh video you watched show a back view? Can you see if the brake lights come on? It doesn't take much brake with gas to stop the momentum of the free spinning front wheel and move it to the one on the ground.

Old 11-28-2006, 05:15 PM

OMG...What a bunch a flaming idiots!!! What is with this guy hanging all over the bumper in the rear...[]

Old 11-28-2006, 05:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Little Monster

OMG...What a bunch a flaming idiots!!! What is with this guy hanging all over the bumper in the rear...[]
Appears that the trail's humps lift diagonally opposite wheels (e.g. LF and RR) off the ground simultaneously, with the result of a complete loss of power to the ground. It looked to me like the guy on the bumper is using his weight to get the RR wheel down so the rear axle can take some torque. I don't see anything turning, presumably because of the traction control electronics.

Old 11-28-2006, 05:44 PM

I think he came with the car ... "For offroad use only" ...

Old 11-28-2006, 05:48 PM

It would be my guess since nothing is turning they guy either has his foot on the brake, or it isd in neutral. They do offer those with manual transmissions.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:05 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

ORIGINAL: Ghostrider

DOes teh video you watched show a back view? Can you see if the brake lights come on? It doesn't take much brake with gas to stop the momentum of the free spinning front wheel and move it to the one on the ground.
Doesnt show...but the video is right on the hummer site www.hummer.com>H3>Gallery>Movies 2nd from the right. Check it out

Old 11-30-2006, 01:44 AM

That FJ video was so painful to watch that I couldn't even make it to the end...

Quick Reply: Video - FJ Cruiser struggling