PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

USED from 06 H2 from Carmax with front bumper issues.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:15 AM

Day 7, Finding out issues CAUSED by carmax. Carmax botched the HID install and burned out a controller. Carmax DID however refund my 80.00 dollar labor fee. Carmax had replaced the front windshield prior to my purchasing the car and install of windshield was not the best. I have a bad rattle from the molding took car to Hummer dealership they fixed but informed me since windshield was replace by a NON HUMMER dealer it would NOT be covered by warranty. Hummer Service tech cut me some slack after seeing and hear my wifes car full of crying kids. Found new buff or sander scratch on rear door plastic near handle. This was not the before and was caused by carmax during scratch repair. I told carmax I did NOT want them to attempt anymore "repairs".
Canceling carmax extended warranty. Going to Hummer dealership and extending my factory warranty when due to expire.
LOVE THE CAR- carmax had called it blue hummer is 06 stealth gray. Not many.
Would I buy from carmax again. So far answer is YES! Although my faith in their service department is lacking. They are willing to own up and fix mistakes.
OVERALL- Happy to be in a used HUMMER H2 for a great price. I did my HID LIGHTING 8000k aqua bulbs with 55w ballast myself. Removed botch carmax kit and installed new one in about 30 min.
Got my kit from http://www.xtremehids.com/
Will post video of install and lights with new bumper!

Hope it helps someone.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Default windshield

I have a bad rattle from the molding took car to Hummer dealership they fixed but informed me since windshield was replace by a NON HUMMER dealer it would NOT be covered by warranty.

The Hummer dealership locally in Houston always has a glass windshield contractor to perform any or all work on the windshields in town. The techs are clueless on what could cause the rattle.
Factory warranty wouldn't be covered anyways for windshield noise.

speaking of windshields, a rock chipped my windshield last night....doesn't look like it's going to spider, but it's annoying nonetheless.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:46 AM

I was and am very happy with the Hummer or Kansas City's service. So happy I decided to cancel my extended carmax warranty and just go to Hummer of KC exclusively for maintenance.