PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Use your aftermarket XM tuner with FACTORY XM antennae, INSTRUCTIONS HERE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Default Use your aftermarket XM tuner with FACTORY XM antennae, INSTRUCTIONS HERE!!!

First off, this is of my 2008 H3,

So how many people have wanted to install an aftermarket head unit with aftermarket XM tuner but dont want another antennae on top of the roof? Well here is your answer if you already have a factory XM antennae.

If you follow the XM antennae from the roof, this will be the first connector. It is the brown connector clipped to the metal support behind the glove box. now if you do not have the factory xm tuner, but do have the integrated XM/onstar antennae, the antennae wire may stop here. do not try to plug this end into your aftermarket XM tuner, as they are the same female (i think female) ends. you will have to order part number 15260497 (This is a GM part number, $17.62 at gmpartsdirect.com). It is an extender cable from this location (metal support behind the glove box) to the XM tuner.

If you have the factory XM tuner, it is located here. this is looking from the drivers seat, above the steering wheel, through the dash hole, to the back of the glove box. the other end of the extender cable will be plugged in here, but is not shown as I have already installed the aftermarket stuff.

I installed the tuner here, it is velcroed to the side of the cluster surround, and the alpine adapter is then velcroed to the top of the tuner. there is lots of room back there.

A picture of the connector sticking out of the radio hole, and a close up of the connector. you will have to take a razor blade or some other sharp object to match the keying of the factory connector to that of the aftermarket tuner. it is not hard, do not be discuraged!!!