PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Up the a$$?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 12:47 AM

What the heck is a driveline service? A visual inspection with four hours of labor? Power steering sevice??? lol, wow. I worked for a mazda dealer for ten years, service writers excel at selling things no one would buy if they new something.

Find another dealer. Or just take it to a gm dealer. 60 bucks for an oil change is a rip off.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:50 AM

My 06 manual says nothing about diff fluid replacement, 50K mile auto tranny fluid and filter change severe service, otherwise 100K mile, 50K mile transfer case fluid replacement, and 100K cooling system service. The dealer is trying to make a quick buck IMHO.

Mike

06 Yellow H3

Old 07-09-2009, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by talusfan
Find another dealer. Or just take it to a gm dealer. 60 bucks for an oil change is a rip off.
The SAD part about this, was that this came from a HUMMER (GM) dealership.

When GM lets the dealerships get away with this, GM gets the bad reputation. Personally I would make a copy of the maintance schedule and a copy of the invoice and send a letter to GM asking what gives and is this what the consumer can expect from the restructured GM.

The best way to fight this type of fraud is know what the service schedule is and follow it. Don't let the stealerships try and sell you things you do not need. Otherwise your just throwing your hard earned $$$ to the stealership management to make his/her boat payment!

Oh and you can also e-mail him the link to this thread and let him/her read what people thing about them.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:59 AM

I noticed your from Denver. What dealership is giving you all the problems (Castle Rock or Wheatridge)?? I live in Monument and normally go to Al Serra Hummer in Colorado Springs. They seem to be good people. They do have a oil change special for $12.99 on all vehicles. We bring all of our cars there. No issues or hassles. I know its 60 miles away but you may want to consider. Have a good day.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:45 PM

Got caught up with the Medved Wheat Ridge Hummer group.
They knew right away about the seat heater issue which is why I went. The Castle Rock Hummer folks have been good. Had a bad PCM, entire H3 was shutting down for no reason, (middle of traffic, lol) towed 2x. They took the time over a couple of days to duplicate the problem, finally did and fixed it. Scott there has good customer service.
I should have known the Wheat Ridge folks are trying for every dollar. Charged me $40 for the key fob which I hear many dealers do as good will, wanted to charge me $50 for disabling the door locks which they couldn't figure out to do.
Funny thing is they wanted me to do their customer service survey saying the more good votes they got, likely they would be noticed by the new Hummer owner, insinuating it may equate to them being kept open over other dealers in Colorado.
I like the idea of copying the paperwork and the owner's manual service schedules and sending to GM. I will do that this weekend.
Guess I am going to head over to my SouthPark Tire guy. At least their shop is always honest over many years i have dealt with them. Do you think they would be able to do what is needed vs a GM dealership?

Old 07-09-2009, 06:53 PM

I just looked in my manual and then took it to a shop and told them what to do, i think i paid around $250 for oil change, trany flush and diff fluid replacement

since there is no actual 30k service, do you question the dealer on why they said that?

Old 07-10-2009, 05:38 PM

Yes, I actually whipped out the owners manual in his office, and said (nicely) well, geesh, $1200 is pretty steep and I don't see it in the manual. I only see the 25k and the 50k service." This is where he printed the page and said well, this is what we (the dealer) recommend.

The service guys were nice enough but I felt they transferred the creepy, greasy, old school used car sales crew into the service dept.

So, I guess I will do as Branstone suggested - take it into a place I can trust and have them do the oil change, trany flush and diff fluid replacement.

They must have enough folks that don't question the dealer's actions/suggestions to the point where the service guys say this with a straight face, show full of concern, and add a tinge of guilt as if you would be oh so wrong not to do the service.

I guess I had thought most dealerships were better than this in this day and age. I've got to say, it really ticks me off the are not, at least this one.

GM is getting the letter sent out Monday, I will send a copy to Mr. Medved as well. While Hummer may not be their concern, its a joint Hummer / Cadillac dealership, so they may at least read it. Too bad, I hate burning my bridges when in Colorado we only have 2 or 3 dealerships statewide.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:52 AM

Service Advisors are commisioned on their service and parts sales somewhat the same way as Sales Consultants. Many corporately owned dealerships also don't have a say in their service and parts pricing policies, it's set at their far-off home office headquarters. That's how it is in today's day and age.

There's no one at these dealerships in the position to negotiate with you. You usually have to shop around for service just like you need to do when buying a new car.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

so how did it work out for you?