PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Underdrive pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Default RE: Underdrive pulleys

Strange. Maybe something is wrong with your H3. It seemslike you know a lot about cars so I would think you knew what you were getting. I'm not being rude but your not supposed to weave in and out of traffic going as fast as you can in a Hummer. My 06 seems to move pretty good compared to a lot of cars on the road. Both my Jeeps a V8 and 4L V6 had more power but not enough to worry about when your driving a H3. The H3 ALPHA is going to be completely awesome. Sometimes people pass me as fast as they canonly tostop at a traffic light while I coast by them when the light turns green. Hate is a pretty strong word.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:13 AM

Wrong place to complain I'm sure. I'm not trying to 'weave in and out of traffic' but we live in an area with some hills and if I try to pass anyone, the stupid automatic has to drop 2 gears just to speed up. The dealer is 5 hours away and I had a TERRIBLE experience with them (which probably started off my negative feelings) and so I am not going to the dealer. I'm thinking part of the problem is the automatic. It's the first auto I've owned myself. I figured it would be fine because as said before, this is not the type of vehicle to hot rod.

I'm deciding this week whether to trade it off (on what I don't know) which is going to hurt because of the first year depreciation. I expected to want to keep it forever!

I can't believe the dirty looks I get driving this. There are much more expensive vehicles on the road but I guess people around here think I have money and don't like it or something. It's crazy.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

I installed these on my '95 Camaro. I was hoping they would make them for the H3, or at least a light-wieght counter-balance. These are things most Camaro/Mustang owners who supe up their cars have.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:38 PM

We have a 1976 Bronco, and when I needed a 4 door, I decided I wanted a 4 door, new version of the Bronco. This seemed along the same lines... only difference... the Bronco came with a 302. What happened to the good old days? It wasn't like anyone was trying to 'hot rod' those.

Old 05-06-2007, 01:00 PM

http://www.aspracing.com/frame.htm

You might want to contact the guys at the URL listed above.

At one time, "Rumor Control" had it that they were working on a set for the H3/Colorado/Canyon.

I do know they make a quality product and are well thought of in the racing community.

Whether or not they got enough interest to actually tool up and make the UDPS...Who knows.

Might be worth the cost of a phone call.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:14 PM

I realize this is a dated thread but is there any new on underdrive pulleys for our I-5?
Some will tool up if there is enough interest.