PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Underbody protection - Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Default Underbody protection - Cost?

Just wondering what people paid for the OEM part and how much fordealer to install. Local dealership's parts department wouldn't give mea price because "service has to install it" and I am waiting for a call back to find out what they charge for the part/installation. Would rather do it myself, but if inexpensive for them to do it, I'll just go ahead.
Thanks

Old 09-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Default RE: Underbody protection - Cost?

I paid $281 for mine ($325 after shipping). A dealer is easily going to charge youdealerMSRP + $150 (easy) to install.

Installed it myself, took little to no effort really. All you need is a wrench and a ramp to drive your truck onto.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:03 PM

ORIGINAL: ockie

I paid $281 for mine ($325 after shipping). A dealer is easily going to charge youdealerMSRP + $150 (easy) to install.

Installed it myself, took little to no effort really. All you need is a wrench and a ramp to drive your truck onto.
WOW [:@]that's just ridiculous for a few bolts. I can get it for about the same total, ($301 + $23 shipping) so I guess I'll just do it myself (like I did with the roack rails, steps and lightbar).
Thanks

Old 09-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

You may want to take a peek at a past post on the install. Apparently not all of the bolt holes line up perfectly on all of these??? I still do not think it would be a big deal to install with an extra set of hands. https://www.hummerforums.com/m_83428/tm.htm There are some other posts where everything lined up great and took only 10-15 mins to install???
If you do it, post back what you find out in your case. Good luck.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

You may want to take a peek at a past post on the install. Apparently not all of the bolt holes line up perfectly on all of these??? I still do not think it would be a big deal to install with an extra set of hands. https://www.hummerforums.com/m_83428/tm.htm There are some other posts where everything lined up great and took only 10-15 mins to install???
If you do it, post back what you find out in your case. Good luck.
Yeah, CCMDoc, that was my thread. I still haven't installed it. I was going to drill the holes out a bit but they are already right at the edges--I don't know if I could gain any room. I haven't figured out what to do yet.

Regardless, you want the help of a buddy installing it. Not absolutely required but would make it a lot easier. I paid $325 shipped from an eBay supplier (superchevyperformance) thought they took a week to ship it after the auction closed.
[/align]

Old 09-05-2007, 03:54 PM

Mine fit fine, somehole tolerances were snug but I had no problems doing it. A second hand is always a great thing when installing anything.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:12 PM

Well, I ordered it so will post the results when I give it a shot.
Thanks.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

You could always take a trip down here and I'll put them on..... or catch me when I am in North Jersey and I'll swing by in the service van....

Old 09-06-2007, 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

You could always take a trip down here and I'll put them on..... or catch me when I am in North Jersey and I'll swing by in the service van....
As soon as I have it, I'll let you know and take you up on your offer.
Thanks

Old 09-07-2007, 02:45 PM

I mademine, I didn't want pay that much for one and it has held up really good!

Quick Reply: Underbody protection - Cost?