PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Is It Un-American To Drive a Big Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Default RE: Is It Un-American To Drive a Big Truck?

MeInaHummer here you go some of the escape is made in the US only 55% what ever you buy will burn some gas. Get over it

http://www.hybridcars.com/forums/arc...built-t82.html

Old 12-23-2007, 10:05 AM

Wow. That is great info.

Thanks!

Old 12-23-2007, 10:16 AM

ORIGINAL: MeInaHummer?

And there were no desks wher I was stationed but thanks for your support. I was pretty impressed by the guy here who claimed to have served a 27 year tour of active duty
Uh, he didn't say he did a tour there, he said he was born and raised in the Middle East. Ya might wanna reread his post.
[/align]

Old 12-23-2007, 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

I agree... 90% of the "Look at me I was in ____." (fill in the blank) were hidden safely begind a desk far away from any danger, other than a really bad papercut. We have many members here... myself included that served, and served overseas, and maybe even was injured overseas and medically retired.... or just retired.... or guard, reserve... You're special... just like everyone else. I'm not kissing anyone's ***. I was in the sandbox for many years... long before the big war of 2001. Get over yourself... you're that jackass that I laughed at everytime I went to Wendy's and you were in front of me asking foryour Military discount.

Back to your orginal question.... It's unAmerican to be a ****ing douchebag.... please die... it's the best thing you can do for your country.
I couldn't agree more, Muddy!! As a fellow Vet and one who continues to serve in the Guard, you are right on target! MeInaHummer? --> Don't come into the forum with an attitude like we owe you something because you did your duty and served in a war zone. We're not handing out medals here. A true patriot is one that humbly serves his country. I have no time for forum trolls like you, run along and go play with your other hippie friends. You don't deserve to drive a Hummer!

Old 12-23-2007, 10:41 AM

Dude, i only brought up my service because it changed my perspective on how we burn gas in this country.

Ya'all made it an issue by trying to degrade it.

Thanks anyway.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Some trolls learn quicker than others....

damn.. I was having fun.... kinda put me in the Christmas spirit... oh well.... in 2-3 days there will be another troll to point and laugh at....

Old 12-23-2007, 11:29 AM

Ok, I don't usaully spout about where I've been and what I've done. But, I have been in the Army for 18 years now and I was over there for Desert Shield/Storm for 13 months, then 2 tours of Somalia (you probably don't even know what that is) and 2 tours this time, was there when it started for 8 months and went back 12 months later for another 15 months. Does any of that mean crap when I'm going down the road? No, just putting the creditials out there.So what if the war does have anything to do with oil, do you have any idea what would happen if we just let them control over 80% of the worlds oil? We are dependent on it and there isn't anything we're going to do to change it. Almost EVERYTHING that you enjoy has something to do with it and we aren't going to stop. Second, I saw first hand during Desert Storm and the beginning of this war that there are alot of other reasons to be there, of course that isn't "popular" to say that. Their quality of life has improved dramaticaly since we went over there, the kids actually have good schools now, women aren't so abused anymore. I never had anyone over there tell me to leave, all I ever got was support except for the few "radicals" that were causing the trouble. The mast majority wants us there.
When I bought my Hummer all of that was the last thing on my mind, I bought it because I thought it was bad ***. It's fun to drive, and although there are more and more of them on the road lately, they are unique, you'll never mistake one coming down the road for something else. You should maybe do a little more research on your Hybrids, there are alot studies out there that think they aren't any better than for the environment than anything else, when you have to replace your battery, what are you going to do with it? They are promoting people to drive even more because they think they aren't hurting anything so you are back to where you were with regular engine. Oh, and did you know that the battery doesn't run anything unless you are at a stop or idle, you are still using gas when your foot is on the pedal.
Just make sure that you keep your hybrid out of my way when your getting on the highway.

Anyway, this is a retreat so to speak. I get to come here and relax, not think about that crap. Just get to talk to people about my H3 and have a good time with it. So please stop polluting my fun!!!

Old 12-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: rhill20

then 2 tours of Somalia (you probably don't even know what that is)
He watched BlackHawk Down when it came out on DVD....

give him some credit....

Old 12-23-2007, 11:54 AM

If you want to save gas buy a prius.If you want everthing else in a vehicle.GO HUMMER.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: MeInaHummer?
You have a point about the taxes but guess what? Most of those tax $$$ are now going to fight the war for oil. It's a catch 22.
Unless your STATE is waging an independent War in Iraq, you can't complain about the fuel tax, because thats most (if not all) of that tax goes TO YOUR STATE!

WHY DO I KEEP FEEDING THIS GUY?

Quick Reply: Is It Un-American To Drive a Big Truck?