PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Is It Un-American To Drive a Big Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Default RE: Is It Un-American To Drive a Big Truck?

all you need to say is:

"Hope ya got my little message
I hope you hear me
I thought ya might've been the answer
Obviously crazy"

-Motorhead

Old 12-22-2007, 11:06 PM

We had guys like him in our unit and we just ignored them.

They liked to spout off and rant and rave; makes them feel better about the stuff that bothers them.

We all have to blow off steam somehow.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:13 PM

You're on a HUMMER forum asking people if you should buy a HUMMER.... hmmmm... lemme see... what answer were you expecting?

Why don't you go over to the Toyota Prius forum and ask them if it's un-american to buy a Japanese car?

You could try the Peugeot forum... ask them if it is un-american to buy a French car...

Old 12-22-2007, 11:14 PM

We do not mean to be mean its just that it gets many of the forum members pissed when people start comaparing an escape hybrid with an H3 which are two totally different vehicles, and they start saying all this bs about how gas is making other countries richer and how driving a hummer is being unamerican....drivinga pos toyota, nissan, infiniti, lexus, subaru, mitsubishi, mazda(well partially), scion, suzuki, kia, honda, acura, and other foreign cars is really un-american

Old 12-22-2007, 11:16 PM

Nope, i'd never buy an import.

NEVER. I don't care where those Rice lovers claim their vehicles are made. Profits still go to Asia.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:21 PM

i was never part of a "unit", i was in a squadron, but guys like you didn't last long, since you didn't have the intelligence to keep up. its obvious you still don't have that intelligence, so you'd be far better served by going to a ford forum. they would probably have more tolerance for your ignorance.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:23 PM

I did 18 months straight.

You?

Old 12-23-2007, 12:07 AM

First, the Escape isn't a truck, it's built on a car chassis. It's a tall car and not a big one at that. I don't believe hybrids are going to save our environment. I never, ever hear a greenie talk about how the battery was made and how it's going to be disposed of when done. It's not exactly biodegradeable, ya know.

If this is just about oil and gas usage, just go to http://www.fueleconomy.gov/ and pick the best mileage there. You can't try and compare a 4WD truck to a 2WD car based tall hybrid. Personally, I don't think 95% of the people that say they are really worried about our oil usage and the environment do much about it beside drive a Prius. Take the bus; take a walk; take less trips; carpool; buy a smaller house and use less electricity; turn that F250 into a diesel, a biodiesel at that. If you are going to make a difference, do it. Just don't say I bought I hybrid, I did my part in reducing our oil consumption.

Thank you for serving in Iraq.
[/align]

Old 12-23-2007, 01:03 AM

WOW, well I am still here in Iraq. Anyway if you by an Escape you are supporting cheap labor in Mexico. The Hummer is built in the US completely. ABout your oil support dilema. If you buy Texaco, Chevron, Exxon-Mobil, Sunoco, Conoco-Phillips, your supporting US oil companies. There are many "Theories" regarding this War, but I look at the Big picture and its a good thing. But remember this, I would worry about who you Vote for more than wether you are supporting the Arabs or hurting the eviorment. Because the rate things are going, someone might be telling you what to drive and eat and wear and smoke and get shots and bare arms etc...it has nothing to do with the Oil or War.

I almost forgot if you strip away all of the TAXES on gas you might be surprised who you are "feeding" and it isn't OPEC.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:17 AM

True that!!! I always get my gas at Sunoco. So no what is your excuse tree hugger (meinahummer)? Did i mentionObama for President!!

Quick Reply: Is It Un-American To Drive a Big Truck?