PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Is It Un-American To Drive a Big Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Default Is It Un-American To Drive a Big Truck?

I am considering an 08 H3 but the war in Iraq has me wondering if mabe I should look at an Escape Hybrid.[/align][/align]By driving big gas guzzlers we are supporting OPEC and the World's Major Oil Producers, which are Arab Nations. I'm thinking gettingthe Escapehybrid just to do my part in reducing America's dependence on foreign oil. I hate the idea of lining some Saudi's pocket with my hard earned $$$.[/align][/align]Don't really care about Global Warming but every time I pump gas I know I'm making someSaudi, Mexican, Venezualan or Canadianricher.[/align][/align][/align]

Old 12-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Default RE: Is It Un-American To Drive a Big Truck?

maybe you should get a ****** life and not be such an assclown on a hummer forum. just a thought . . . . dikhed. . . . . .now go back to your treehouse in berkley. . . . . .

Old 12-22-2007, 09:39 PM

I think your looking to start some **** honestly. How can you compare an Escape to any Hummer?

How do you know that we are always lining the pockets of some foreign country also? Maybe we are contributing to the Oil Suppliers in Texas. Did you know 29% of oil used in the United States is from the United States? We will also be lining the pockets of Canada as well. After all, Canada is the top Importer of Oil to the United States at over 1.887 million barrels per day.

If you are being sincere and looking to "do your part for our country" I salute you. Its all up to how you feel you should live your life.

Hummer suits my needs more than any escape could, so for my part, although I will own a hummer,I will watch the goodsI buy in my stores so I wont end up making Chinas government (Top importer of everything to US) any richer.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:45 PM

Wow now thats a first post for the books! Anyway if you did any research on the topic you would know the H3 is FAR from a big gas guzzler! Many on here are getting 20+ on the highway. Comparing an escape to an H3 is tantamount to comparing a Honda civic to a Ferrari. Two totally different vehicles for two totally different purposes!

Old 12-22-2007, 09:49 PM

Yes, I'm trying to do my part. I served in Iraq for 18 months and Inow think the whole mess is about oil.

We import 80% of oil and Canada is our top supplier followed closely by Saudi Arabia, Mexico and Venezuala, but if you add up all the Arab nations they easily trump Canada.

I just don't feel good making those damm Arabs that shot at me richer. We need our own energy sourceto export.

Anyway, I know I can't make any difference just bybuying a Hybridbut it was making me feel sick pumping gas in my F250 the other day.

And I have to get rid of the truck now because kids are getting bigger so we still need something big and safe to get around.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:53 PM

so now go fukk off an get back in your treehouse, you offer no value to our forum. if you served in the military and now 4hit on your country, you're not worth the oxygen you suck from the rest of us. i hear the owls calling you . . . . ."dikwad come home, dikwad come home" . . . . . . . .

Old 12-22-2007, 09:53 PM

BTW we have MANY members who have served and who are serving in Iraq RIGHT NOW, and feel nothing but pride when driving their Hummers.

The Escape is neither BIG nor Safe!

Old 12-22-2007, 09:58 PM

Just read 2z's post there. You can own a Hummer and still feel better knowing your doing your part as you are saving a LOAD offuel usage going from an F250 to a H3.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:59 PM

Yea, I am proud to drive an American truck but it's just too bad the gas we have to feed it lines the pockets of our enemies.

I would never consider a hybrid import but mabe a Ford hybrid.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:59 PM

please don't feed the trolls

Quick Reply: Is It Un-American To Drive a Big Truck?