PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

True "tactical"?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Default True "tactical"?

Ok I've seen the H3's that claim to be tactical... they have black rims... but i'm actually interested in moding to become a true tactical vehicle. any ideas?

I've seen some ppl with this stuff:
first aid kits in the back
mag light holsters
ofcourse the roof basket

but i'm interested in some concielled carry holsters for my pistol and things like that.... just a thought i've had for awhile

Old 02-17-2011, 12:05 PM

The Tactical edition people refer to is a factory option.

http://www.hummerguy.net/hummer-news...imited-edition

Old 02-17-2011, 12:29 PM

yea i know gm offers the tactical edition but it basically boils down to being an adventure package with black rims, right? just doesn't seem to be that "tactical" stock from the dealer

Old 02-17-2011, 02:06 PM

I have a Springfield XD 45 Compact with a 4" barrel. It's basically a full size XD with a shorted grip and the option to use 13rnd mags with grip extenders instead of 10rnd to make it a full size.

I have a Blackhawk Serpa level 2 holster, all of blackhawks holsters use like a mounting platform that's like two plates that come together with screws. So the holster is basically the paddle with a plate, and the holster with a plate, and the plates mate together with screws.

What I did was go to their website and buy a standalone plate, no paddle or holster, just the plate. I pulled my driver seat out, put three bolts into the center arm rest down towards the bottom that are hidden by the seat and mounted the plate on the inside of the lower storage that you have access to by pulling the top tray out.

I took my holster apart and mounted it to the plate down inside the armrest and now my pistol hangs out in there. I measured everything exactly and it all barely fits with just enough room to put the top tray back in. I'm going to do the same thing for the passenger side of the arm rest when I get a chance but put a mag holster over there so I they don't clunk around when I drive.

I'm very happy with it and never used that holster anyways since it was the outside waistband type.

Last edited by Draketh; 02-17-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by tate2326
yea i know gm offers the tactical edition but it basically boils down to being an adventure package with black rims, right? just doesn't seem to be that "tactical" stock from the dealer
No - check out the link I posted above. Black wheels, body color grill, brush guard, tire cover, and as far as I know you can't get the Adventure/off-road package with it.

Too bad really, a tactical Adventure sounds like a great combination. Probably trying to hit a price point.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 PM

skeptic- yea i have seen that before... but i just hate to call it tactical because of only exterior type things... i'd like to atleast see some secret storage compartments or somthing. maybe even a place to mount a CB! but thats why we mod our vehicles! lol

draketh- that sounds like what i'm wanting to do. i have a Taurus Millenium .45 ACP real short 45 with a 10 round mag. i would like to do something similar. i'd like to see some pics of how you angled it and stuff. there is not many good places for concielled weapons in the h3... my mags fit perfectly in the drivers door compartment tho.