PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

and the truck search continues.....LOL

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Default and the truck search continues.....LOL

what can I say...my luck blows!! I call the dealer up on Saturday morning before I left the house to pick it up and asked him if he could have it detailed because it was really dirty when I test drove it on friday. He agrees. I drive 2 hours with my brother, wife and screaming 2 year old in the h3 to go get it. We get there and the truck is a complete mess!!! No no no...it was clean...but now that the dirt that was covering up the white out they used as touch up paint was off the truck looked terrible. Front air dam was cracked in half and had what looked like white putty in the crack holding it together, left dually fender had a hole in it that looked like it was spackled...I was actually thinking about still buying it for a few grand less and just redoing the body with a really sick paintjob...UNTIL....I opened the drivers door...and water poured out onto my feet. So I went in and asked for my money back....he of course said that it was non refundable. I took out my zippo lighter and told him I'd burn the building...err...I mean trailer...to the ground with him tied up in the bathroom if he didn't give me my check right now.....I got the check and was on my way home 5 minutes later

sooooo....on Sunday I go into NY because NY dealers are allowed to sell cars on Sunday. I go to this one lot in Brooklyn that had alot of nice trucks. Test drove a 2000 F-350 ext cab power stroke diesel. First 10 minutes I was in teh passenger seat, finally I was like, bro..I need to drive it if I m going to buy it. I get out and get into the driver seat....269,000 MILES!!!!!!!! That was the lowest mileage on the lot!! And he wouldn't budge off of the $10,500 he was asking.

If I don't find something by the weekend I am going to stroke out [:@][:@][:@]

Old 02-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Default RE: and the truck search continues.....LOL

I know I'm probably singing to the choir...But, If You buy used, you're buying someone elses problems..

Sorry to hear about your disappointment Mike...Happy hunting and good luck..

Old 02-12-2007, 03:42 PM

oh yea, I hear ya Dennis...but there are good ones out there. My dodge dually I bought used,wellll below book...saved $20,000+ over new and I had it for 125,000 miles and never even changed a sparkplug. It also took me a month and a half to find it but well worth the work...IMO.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:15 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

So I went in and asked for my money back....he of course said that it was non refundable. I took out my zippo lighter and told him I'd burn the building...err...I mean trailer...to the ground with him tied up in the bathroom if he didn't give me my check right now.....I got the check and was on my way home 5 minutes later
You may want to have the localpolice check you for warrants after that one.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:05 PM

Dude that sucks...........Sorry to here that prom queen turned into a crack ho...............

per·se·ver·ance (pûrs-vîrns)

NOUN:

[ol][*]Steady persistence in adhering to a course of action, a belief, or a purpose; steadfastness. [/ol]

Old 02-12-2007, 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Gunner_45

Dude that sucks...........Sorry to here that prom queen turned into a crack ho...............

now dats funny

Old 02-12-2007, 06:25 PM

I'm sure you will find a better one. One worthy of being parked next to your Hummer!

Old 02-12-2007, 09:50 PM

Sucks bro.[:@] Keep looking