PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Truck - Part III (Work in Progress)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Truck - Part III (Work in Progress)

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Hopefully it comes off easy.
3hummers (Why do I keep forgetting your name ); It DID in fact come off easily It is now a high-gloss acrylic black with two coats of clear-coat, quietly drying in my 70 degree living room for a week.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:39 AM

I have one of those Garmin GPS V's too but the window is so small I can't see it well enough from my seat. I only use it now as a portable and someday will buy a bigger street pilot so I can see than stupid thing. I HATE being visually impaired!

Old 04-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Then you would have laughed to see all the crap I had on my dash originally. I have since got rid of it all and just kept the radar detector. The NOAA weather radio emergencies come on automatically on that thing and in my area it's great to have.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Trey124

GPS was a great idea, have to give that a try on mine.
You'll have to get an external antenna. You won't get very good reception if you don't.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

I wonder how many months and pages this will be until I get this thing done

I painted the hood panel AGAIN gloss black with two coats of clearcoat. I know, I've said this in X other threads, but oh well.

I put the hub caps back on because it's just not the same without those things. I spent too much time on those to let them sit on the garage floor, and I missed that Hummer signature look, even though I still don't thing the hood panel should be on there

I may paint the chrome air intakes and possibly the chrome grill to match the gloss black. We'll see.

If anybody wants to volunteer their photoshop skills to help me see what it would look like like that, I'd appreciate it. I'll have to take a pic of it with the hood panel installed on Sat. and then you can make the air vent covers black to match, I think!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:09 PM

I like what you've done. I really like the interior............nice job.

The chome hood vent looks good, but I think it would look better with the lower profile handles. And I'm with Muddy on the chrome vents............Leave them red or paint them to match the rest of the black on the H3.

Just my $.02

Nice job so far!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Chris. That was my plan. The chrome covers may not come off without some prying, and then I may damage the actual covers. I'll probably just paint them black. I'm still amazed how well the hood cover looks with that paint. I'm getting better at this painting thing.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:39 PM

Damn HG, 3 posts in a row. You have been around Bob to long

I like the idea of painting the air vents black to match the hood vent. I just don't like them chrome, but that's me. I don't have issues with chrome, just don't like it there.

And I agree with you about the hub caps but I didn't want to hurt your feelings

Overall, good job so far

Old 04-16-2008, 11:01 PM

Hey HG!

Heres my 2 cents...chrome vent covers have to go, keep em the same color as your truck. chrome or black hood vent is fine but you gotta pick one or the either..no combos. Some black roof rails would look good, and keep the hub caps. I'm not a fan of the window rain vent thingys but thats just me. If you wanted to paint the grill black that would look good. And finally, but not cheaply ( maybe down the road ) get either some off road tires or some street tires depending on which way you want to go. The stock tires you have just dont look right( on anybodys rig ). And I cant tell if your leveled out or not but if you go off road style lever it out, if you go street either one would look good.

Good luck.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:11 PM

ORIGINAL: rhill20

Damn HG, 3 posts in a row. You have been around Bob to long
You say that like it's a BAD THING???[8D]

Quick Reply: Truck - Part III (Work in Progress)