PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Truck - Part III (Work in Progress)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Default RE: Truck - Part III (Work in Progress)

It must be a Pomeranian and Hummer thing.....! He is cute! I'm assuming that one is a he......we should start a thread of pets of H3 owners......

Old 02-11-2008, 06:52 PM

Hummerguy, you should post on my thread....looks like I started something now...everyone's posting their pets on my accessories thread...lol

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_130511/mpage_2/tm.htm

Hey Impy....how much do you get for them? PM me if you would like....

Old 02-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

There are already a few threads out there

I have about 75% of all my new toys on my truck. It's almost done. By Friday it should be completed.

I'm going to get it washed and take some pics this weekend. I'll even take some video once the sound effects for the KITT lights are hooked up, probably by Friday.

Anyway, I'm going to spend the rest of my free time this week working on finishing some wiring and accessory installations up, so I won't be on the forum much because of that.

I'll post the pics as soon as I have them. Hopefully it won't be long.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:47 AM

ORIGINAL: solarflare

Hey Impy....how much do you get for them? PM me if you would like....

Well...I can sel them for $90 free shipping but this guy is still cheaper..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cobra-76-XTR-40-...QQcmdZViewItem

I normally can beat those guys on cb's and radar detectors...hmmm...that's strange.[&:]

Old 02-21-2008, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

I kinda got side-tracked from finishing the truck with the whole KITT thing, but I'm almost done. There are a few other things I'm waiting for that should be coming shortly.

I'm going to attempt to take off the chrome borders/pieces around the door handles and gas tank this weekend with a heat gun and the fish line trick you guys told me about. That is pretty much the end of the exterior mods. The interior however is almost done. I went with this whole wood/chrome theme, and even though people said it wouldn't work, i've got nothing but postive feedback from people who have seen it in person, even HummerMike who said it probably wouldn't work but maybe he was just trying to be nice

Old 03-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Well, it's been a LONG month. Between remodelling my living room, working a Saturday job doing private computer consulting, testing Doc's intake and ripping the truck apart, I haven't had much time.

That being said, I'm almost done with this. I stripped all of the chrome off except the air vent covers since I like the way they look. Everything else is gone. I'm still waiting for my new plates, the weather to get warmer so I can re-paint some of the undercarriage black and also to wax it. The interior is done for the most part. I've gotten some positive feedback which is surprising. Most people think the wood kit is real wood. I didn't think that it would pass, but it has apparently. The only thing I haven't installed is my CB, but that's because the main box is just too large to put anywhere, so I'll probably just stick with the handheld.

My wife and I are trying to save up for a campervan (RoadTrek), RV or a trailer. I've had to ask myself when is enough enough with the upgrades? I think I'm almost at the "enough" point.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:00 PM

Enough is a VERY PERSONAL thing!!!

Old 03-23-2008, 07:18 AM

Their is no such thing as an enough point. There will always be newer and better upgrades to the accessories we have all already done. It is a very evil cycle.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

OK Guys. After months of de-chroming, de-modding, and de-wiring (none of which are probably real terms), I'm about 98% done. Here are a couple of pics.

Before:

First Mod Phase, Park I (Nov. '06 to June '07):

Name:  Hummer2.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  113.0 KB

Name:  Hummer5.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  93.5 KB

What was I thinking?

Second Mod Phase, PartII(July '07 to Jan. '08):

Name:  PassSide.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  154.6 KB

Name:  SideView.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  173.6 KB

Name:  Dash1.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  122.1 KB

A little better

Third and Final phase, Part III

I'm still not sure about the black hood vent or the chrome. HummerMike was nice enough to give me a new black factory one that he had extra, but once I put the chrome one back on, I kind-of missed the unique look.

I also chromed the hubs on all 4 wheels to make the wheels look more ruggid by not having the hub caps on them. As you can see, I removed almost all the chrome except the air vent covers which would almost certainly ruin the factory ones if I tried to pry or take them off.

I'm not done yet, but I'm getting close. My new plates apparently got lost in the mail so I don't know what I'm doing about those, but I did buy some nice new powder-coated black license plate frames that I was waiting to install for the new plates.

Now I just have to figure out what to do about the hood vent. Keep the chrome one, or put the factory black plain one back on.

I'll take some good pics once I'm 100% done and the weather gets better. I only have a few little things left to do. The weather is the one and only factor as to why I'm not done yet. [:@]

Old 04-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I was going to take some new pics today, but now they are saying SNOW this afternoon [:@]

WTF!

I give up on the pics. I'll just have to wait another week or two. Damn weather [&o]

Quick Reply: Truck - Part III (Work in Progress)