PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tri-Phase Performance Module

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Default Tri-Phase Performance Module

I noticed recently that the tri-phase performance module has been released for the H3. LINKY

Has anyone tried this? I googled around the web and found mixed results. Most of the negative feedback was from owners of sports cars. Not sure what to make of it yet.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Default RE: Tri-Phase Performance Module

The only difference in that product and the "performance modules" found on Ebay is that these guys are screwing you even harder and holding the Vaseline.

It's nothing more than a resistor.

Most likely placed at your IAT sensor (or MAF), this basically fools the computer into thinking it's receiving colder air, and thus advances timing and increases fuel delivery.

Get your ECU flashed for the same money and you will actually see some results...

Old 10-23-2007, 09:02 PM

Thanks for the input. I remember hearing about a guy close to me that can flash the ECU . . . I'll start looking down that path again.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

I do agree with GarrettM. While not specifically familiar with the installation of this tri-phase product, I am most positive it is changing the voltage reading from the MAF to the PCM, you throw the switch to ++ and it gives you one additional change. Just fools the PCM into thinkingthat theintake air charge is cooler than it really is, thus more dense, and theoretically advances (VVT and ignition?) timing allowing a higher fuel ratio. Not very efficient because their are appx. 29-32 other available variables to account for more performance that are not being changed.

PCMforless tuning is actually cheaper than that Rube Goldberg set up.