PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

transmission problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Default transmission problem?

I have 03 hummer h2 with the 4l60e. It would rev up by 1000 rpm before shifting into next gear. I replaced the transmission with another used one from wreckers and nothing changed... and it still revs up before switching into gear.

I got my PCM replaced and reprogrammed, that did nothing at all. Can it be 2 transmissions with exact problem? Or something else can cause this?

I got the transmission scanned, it has 0 error codes

Old 07-31-2013, 02:40 PM

I have been looking into answers myself. One are you sure it is a 4L60 E ? I have a 2003 and with my vin it is a 4L65E also have you checked your TPS if off a bit will change your rpm range to ****. check with Ohms meter spec's on here somewhere. it it a hard clunk when shift or smooth? fluid level hot? and cold? smell of new trans? or was rebuilt?

Old 07-31-2013, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Muddog
I have been looking into answers myself. One are you sure it is a 4L60 E ? I have a 2003 and with my vin it is a 4L65E also have you checked your TPS if off a bit will change your rpm range to ****. check with Ohms meter spec's on here somewhere. it it a hard clunk when shift or smooth? fluid level hot? and cold? smell of new trans? or was rebuilt?
okay maybe 4l65e. either way. its smooth shifting, fluid is warm. rebuilt tranny, all new inside.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:57 PM

just fyi it does rev up before changing gears. b

Originally Posted by mrigor
okay maybe 4l65e. either way. its smooth shifting, fluid is warm. rebuilt tranny, all new inside.
ut if goes to 4 grand or five and stays there and does not kick down you have a problem, do you have your tow/haul button on? or any of your 4lo buttons on?? just out of curiosity? would not be the first time, child or someone push button and driver missed.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Muddog
just fyi it does rev up before changing gears. b

ut if goes to 4 grand or five and stays there and does not kick down you have a problem, do you have your tow/haul button on? or any of your 4lo buttons on?? just out of curiosity? would not be the first time, child or someone push button and driver missed.
it flares before shifting, but once it shifts no problems in that gear. smooth shifting, no kicking

Everything is off, and set to normal.