PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Transfer case problems need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 03:18 PM
Default Transfer case problems need help

Okay I went to Moab this last weekend And while we were wheeling on some of the hill climbs We noticed that the rear wheels would stop pulling or not pull at all There were no noises no popping no grinding or anything I could back up and try again and then all of a sudden they would start pulling After the front tires would start to spin It did this intermittently throughout the day The whole time I was in low range locked To me it was acting like it was in low range but still in AWD And after we left while driving around in town In 4-H While accelerating hard from a stop The front tires would squeal like they were trying to spin The front tires our wore down quite a bit and the rear are new but I wouldn't think that would make that much of a difference Does anybody have any ideas what might be going on

Old 08-02-2013, 11:40 AM

I can't answer from experience but if I had to guess I would say it was because your tires are mismatched. AWD/4X4 vehicles should always have their tires replaced in sets of four, not two. The computer thinks the tires are slipping because they are rotating at different speeds. Did your traction control warning ever come on?