PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

tranny swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by frankq
hey tainter thank thats great info you gave me but i asked about info about what i wanted to do not the three points you made thats why i should of never asked that question knowing that some puritan mr. know it all who thinks his attempt at sarcasm only revels his insecurity as a functioning human being i was told once if you don't have anything good to say shut up did you know that there is a song written about you its by jimmy buffet its called the I-95 song give it a listen because it got you covered in one song tainted also means corrupt which could mean damaged as in a damaged mind go have your mind checked for damage the issues of you being right and opinionated make you look like.... well just listen to the song and once again thank for all your positive info
Oh frankq, If you actually read what I posted I DID answer your question:

Originally Posted by frankq
has any one heard or has done a tranny swap from a 4wd colorado to a hummer h3 tranny so that i can go from 2wd to 4wd hi then 4wd low
As I stated, "your transmission has NOTHING to do with the 4wd setup we have."

Then I went on to tell you what WOULD be necessary to achieve what you are looking to do and that the costs involved would GREATLY out weigh the benifits. "for the cost of a 2wd tcase swap, finding and purchasing new "locking" hubs and the computer mods (programming so the TC and Stabilitrac don't go haywire) you could prob just buy a cheap little econo box for daily driving. Do some calculations on how many miles you would have to drive at $X per gallon to make up the cost of just the t-case swap.....then the hubs, reprogramming and everything else... Where is the savings????"

Lastly, I questioned the reason you purchased a HUMMER due to the fact that they are ALL full time 4wd. "why did you buy a HUMMER. They are ALL 4wd all the time. That's one of the things that makes a HUMMER a HUMMER."

I never called you out on anything or even typed a "bad word" or called you a stupid nUbee who bought a HUMMER because it looks cool in the mall parking lot. I don't see where all of your "name calling" and trying to psychoanalyze me from one post as a "puritan mr. know it all who thinks his attempt at sarcasm only revels his insecurity as a functioning human being" came from??? How is the "GLASS HOUSE" you live in????

Oh yeah, I'm not a "parrot head" what so ever so I won't be looking up your little song that was not even written by Mr. Buffet.

I wish you all the luck with your 2wd HUMMER transformation and your future on any of the HUMMER forums with you request.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Default transmission swap

I have a 2003 H2 w/ factory 4 speed tranny. I would like to swap for a 6L80 tranny.