PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Traction Failed / Service 4WD messages

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Default Traction Failed / Service 4WD messages

Hi guys!!!

I'm new in this forum and I have my H3 for about 3 month now! This is a realy good site for learning purposes! Congrats everybody.

Now, yesterday it was my first off road experience, in the sandy desert of Abu Dhabi, UAE. It was realy exiting but several things happened to me.

1) I had in some point the "Traction Failed" message, I was trying to climb a dune with 4 high lock but I did not turned off the Stab System. The light started to switch on and off rapidley and then it gave the traction failed message.

2)Finaly I reached my destination, no lighting signal on the 4WD buttons,turned off the car and when I turned it on the message was gone.

3)When I was leaving the desert i got stuck in one dune and the message came back. However this time I did shwitch off the Stab System. I turned off the car and on again and the message was gone once again.

4)I've noticed that in the sand driving in 4H it was better than using 4H lock, with 4H lock the tires sinked into the sand. I only used this feature to get out from a dune and then i had to go back to 4H to keep going. Any suggestion on how to use the 4WD features?

I went to the delear this morning and they told me that if the message was gone I should not worry.

Then i went to get the sand off my H3 and when i was reaching home i had the message "service 4WD", i turned off and on the truck and message gone.

PLEASE!!! give your feedbacks!

Regards!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 02:34 AM
Default RE: Traction Failed / Service 4WD messages

I get this message also when I go serious off-road but as long as it resets itself I would not worry about it, Eventually Mine did not reset anymore and the dealer had to replace the entire Brake Pressure Module system and that fixed the problem.
This unit cost [R140000] 2000USD but luckly it was covered under warentee.