PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Totally Confused About Lifting and larger wheels/Tires !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 11:31 PM

Any regrets installing the Ranch Lift Kit?

I'm still not sure if I should drop the $$ for a Lift Kit over Torsion Bar manual lift ... ?!?!?

THANKS

Old 12-26-2012, 12:07 PM

I have no regrets getting the lift and installing it. Unless you want to do something custom or get the tuff country it's your only option for a lift

Old 12-26-2012, 11:59 PM

Thanks Blaud ... So u advise me to go the Rancho Lift Kit route? 4 inch lift? I love the rear look of your orange H3 and those shock protection mini plates. Where u buy those? And, may I bother you requesting more Pics of your lifted H3?

Thanks A Lot.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:04 AM

It all depends what you want out of your vehicle as far as the look and functionality. You can start with just leveling your H3 by cranking your T bars and getting an alignment. The h3 can fit 35s stock. If you buy new wheels and think you might get the rancho a little later then make sure you get some with the required 4.5" backspacing for the lift kit. The shock skids are made by hunner, someone had a set for sale on another forum but I'm not sure if he's sold them yet. I will PM you with a link to more pictures

Old 12-27-2012, 08:17 PM

Do it right the first time...get a real lift...I recently put a 6" fabtech lift on my truck (H2) and have no regrets at all! I originally just cranked up the torsion bars but honestly if you want a lifted rig the torsion bars will be a temporary fix...

Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Caraddict
Do it right the first time...get a real lift...I recently put a 6" fabtech lift on my truck (H2) and have no regrets at all! I originally just cranked up the torsion bars but honestly if you want a lifted rig the torsion bars will be a temporary fix...
I agree, but if you are someone who trades in a vehicle every year or two the lift may not be worth the cost.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:45 PM

I plan to keeping my H3 for a long time, and any tire/wheel upgrades are costly, so getting the right size wheels and tires is really important. As of today, I'm leaning toward 35 inch Rock Stars and Nitto Trail Grapplers, not sure what size. I certainly don't want the pimpy bling look I see way to much here in So. Florida.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by H3Ray
...As of today, I'm leaning toward 35 inch Rock Stars and Nitto Trail Grapplers, not sure what size. I certainly don't want the pimpy bling look I see way to much here in So. Florida.
Then don't go any larger than 17" rims.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:45 PM
Default My truck might help you

second pic is factory rake with stock rims and General Grabber 315/75/16
first pic 18x9 Rock Stars with Nitto trail 35/12.5/18 with front leveled

You can always lift it higher later on, I also got rid of the nerf bars and put on rock sliders. I use both sets on my truck depending on what type of driving I do, if I go hunting in the mud and crap I use stock, if it is just sand or the beach I use the Rock stars.

Attached Thumbnails Totally Confused About Lifting and larger wheels/Tires !!!!-untitled.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Default Just a note

If you go with the rock stars the center cap sticks out, not sure why but looks like crap. Get shorted bolts at your local Auto parts store, stainless so they do not rust. Cut the back of the center cap down, very simple its just plastic and set the centercaps flush. Look closely at my truck the center caps are out and away from the rim. Very simple to recess them and looks so much better. My truck leveled with the 35's and the roof rack clear my garage by an inch or 2 so I cannot lift my truck any higher. Plus the rock sliders are not really a step so my wife and kids would not be able to easilly get in if I lifted it. I do not like the look of the steps that come with the rock sliders.

Quick Reply: Totally Confused About Lifting and larger wheels/Tires !!!!