PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Torsion Key Vs. Leveling Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by drtom
we earthlings need an explanation of this.

"the length of breaker bar does in fact impact how many rotations per crank you can achieve."

just go slow cause we not very smart
See my response below

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
?????360 degrees is 1 full rotation of the bolt. If you swing a wrench in a 45 degree arc, I don't care if the wrench is 6" or 60", it's still only going to travel 45 degrees!! I can see now why you chose the military over engineering school!
Are you aware of leverage, and how the use of a lever multiples force (also known as torque)? What I'm saying, for the third time for the thick-headed "folks" is that unless you are watching a painted mark on the bolt go round and round, a lot of people will say "gee, I turned the lever one crank, so therefore the bolt was turned one crank". And I was saying that the length of the breaker bar can make that train of thought very inaccurate very quickly.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by 85_305
See my response below

Are you aware of leverage, and how the use of a lever multiples force (also known as torque)? What I'm saying, for the third time for the thick-headed "folks" is that unless you are watching a painted mark on the bolt go round and round, a lot of people will say "gee, I turned the lever one crank, so therefore the bolt was turned one crank". And I was saying that the length of the breaker bar can make that train of thought very inaccurate very quickly.
'Leverage' isn't what I am challenging.....it's your statement that a longer bar gives you more revolutions for the same degree of turning motion. As far as 'thick headed folks', take a look in the mirror and maybe you'll see the person that everybody has had it with! Take that 'more then I paid for my Hummer' check that you scammed from the insurance company, buy yourself a Jeep, and aggravate a whole new mass of people on another forum.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Banned

I just reported another one of your harassing posts. It gets old.

I'm pretty sure nobody has "had it" with me. Only the people that act like a bunch of harassing 10 year olds have "had it" with me.

As far as scamming my insurance, please post facts that support your thesis? Because I've been very clear in my threads that I told insurance exactly what happened.

Please, please grow up. For your own sake. Highschool is a memory short lived, so please move on.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Some of your posts just don't make any sense at all. It is hard to rebutt them without sounding condescending.

Everyone needs to remember to keep things civil, no matter how hard it may be. Remember you can attack the ideas in a post but don't let it slip into personal attacks. That includes everyone including the person that thinks he has been attacked.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Banned
Default 1 circle=360

ive argued that it would have been simpler to make it 400,then like metric and decimal,,,well u get it.
what sane person would use 360, then what sane person wood spel wood,would.
so i agree with this quote,

"a lot of people will say "gee, I turned the lever one crank, so therefore the bolt was turned one crank". And I was saying that the length of the breaker bar can make that train of thought very inaccurate very quickly."

hey wait,,he said innaccurate. i thot 1 crank WAS 1 turn. no wait he said one crank was one crank, that cant be ,,right!!!

i think he shood levitate his h3, put a 40 foot bar on the bolt and tie a baloon on the end to hold it up,let his girlfriend walk around and screw his bolt. that shood due it
i am officially done with this thread

Old 10-01-2010, 04:37 PM

@drtom they do 400 in the UK and they call them gradients. The 360 thing dates way back and kinda stuck around because of how easy it is to divide in equal parts for most applications. Like if you divide a circle in half or 3rds or 4ths or 5ths or 6ths or 8ths or 9ths etc...

Old 10-01-2010, 06:53 PM

the link in my other post on the first page answers all questions. I suggest everyone confused read it.

85_305 I have to agree with the others, the length of the wrench/bar makes no difference in the amount of rotations of the t-bar bolt. Leverage will come into play by making it easier to turn the bolt with a longer wrench/bar.

"I'm pretty sure nobody has "had it" with me. Only the people that act like a bunch of harassing 10 year olds have "had it" with me."

Not trying to start more ****, but I think there is a whole other forum that would disagree with this statement.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

Yep and I think this one is about there also.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:42 PM

*singing* why can't we be friends, oh why cant we be friends? haha

alright boys, and maybe a girl if she is on here. lets just drop things here, this is generally a fun place to click around on, lets not make things hostile here!

Old 10-02-2010, 09:12 AM

Well I can't blame people to react especially with the kind of post that is really confusing and most of the time misleading. I mean the reason why most of us frequent this forum like myself, is because we wanted to learn, PERIOD!

Sorry Mods!!!

Quick Reply: Torsion Key Vs. Leveling Kit