PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

tool box?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Default tool box?

Any one know if eaither of the GM tools boxes large or small will work with a bed cover installed? I have a diamond back cover on my T and want to and a box for extra storage I know they sit on the rails but how hi over them? If anyone has pictures of there boxes installed and can post one it would be much appreciated even if there is a clarence issue maybe a bracket can be made to set the box lower to the bed floor. I'm open for ideas.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:47 PM

I have an H3T side bed box, it will not fit with my Extang Trifecta tonneau cover. The box sits on the floor of the bed, so cannot be lowered any further.

Actually, it would fit with the cover on, there is clearance...but you couldn't open the bed box without removing the tonneau cover. So...the answer is the bed boxes do sit below the top lip of the bed, but could not be opened without removing the bed cover.

I'll see if I can find a pic for you...

Old 12-20-2011, 06:15 PM

Diamond back covers makes a cross bin that hangs on your bed rails...the front half of the cover acts as the tool-box lid...see the link: Accessories : DiamondBack Truck Covers

Old 12-23-2011, 08:16 PM

The GM side boxes will not work with the Diamondback... but the GM toolbox across the front works great and so does the smaller GM tool box when mounted on the front rail.

One of the few complaints I have with the H3T is a lack of interior space to store stuff. So, I added the toolbox in the back of the bed under the Diamondback cover for containing things like jumper cables, basic tool kit, small air compressor, a lightweight jacket, etc. If necessary, the big toolbox can be removed easily on the occasions when more bed space is needed for hauling stuff... but I usually haul only groceries in the bed... so no issue for me.

And... stuff in the toolbox is very secure since it locks... and the Diamondback has locks... and the rear tailgate has a lock... triple protection !!

I noticed a local dealer in Fort Worth has the Hummer boxes on sale right now for giveaway prices... so cheap, I'm thinking about buying more for organizing stuff and storing stuff in the garage at home. Check out Ebay... if I remember correctly, the boxes can be had from $75 to $125... a fraction of their original cost !

Old 12-24-2011, 05:18 AM

Thanks for the info guys Im waiting to hear back from Diamond Back regarding prices. DallaSStx do you have any contact infor for that dealer $75-$125 is crazy cheap and definitely the way to go even if shipping is a bit high. Im looking for any size but if the big ones are available why not go big or go home.

Old 12-25-2011, 08:34 AM

Check Ebay... the prices there a few days ago were incredible... inventory sellout prior to the new year is what I'm guessing.

Frank Kent Cadillac in Fort Worth is the place where I seen the awesome prices.

I looked at Ebay a few minutes ago... the incredible deals seem to be gone... sold out or the listings pulled due to Christmas and employees on holiday. That happens a lot on Ebay... then it gets crazy again after Christmas.

Good luck... I really like the Hummer boxes that I have... well built, but over priced at retail.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:49 AM

Yea I looked at ebay and there were only two that I found nothing really special price wise maybe in a week or two some others will get listed. Thanks for the dealer info

Old 02-10-2012, 11:59 PM

I have a large hummer tool box that I don't need anymore if your looking still.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by SolidJJ
Thanks but i found one cheap from a local dealer

Old 11-25-2018, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by SolidJJ
I am definitely looking! I know its a really old thread, but I could really use one! Still got it maybe?