PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Too many bugs on windshield

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Default Too many bugs on windshield

What is the best way to keep bugs off the windshield? Does the bug guards work well for this? I'm open for any ideas.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:34 PM

The best way? Don't drive it.

Other than that your driving a brick with wheels, your going to hit bugs.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:37 PM

Gee thanks. That was a BIG help. NOT!

Old 10-05-2011, 07:40 PM

I use the rainx (orange) windshield wiper fluid. Cleans the bugs quicky off and helps bead the rain water.

In addition, you can always drive at times when the bugs aren't as bad. Dusk is the worst time.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:45 PM

Thank you. That's info I can use. I admit I do a lot of dusk driving due to work hours. Guess I will have to get use to washing it often.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by obrnkim
Thank you. That's info I can use. I admit I do a lot of dusk driving due to work hours. Guess I will have to get use to washing it often.
Your welcome. I find if I hit the winshield washer fluid quick it will spray and not activate the wipers. I usuallu do that and let it sit to "soak" the bugs then hit it again to clean the windshield. Now that I've swithed to the better RainX Orange stuff, I actually use less than the cheap blue crap. Hope it helps you. With our vehicles, sadly it's something you have to deal with.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:44 AM

I had on EGR Bug Sheild on my 08 for a while. Maybe helps a little. Bug just hit higher up on the windshield.

Last edited by RKSmith163; 10-06-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by obrnkim
What is the best way to keep bugs off the windshield? Does the bug guards work well for this? I'm open for any ideas.
I had exact problem, too many bugs
My painted body colored bug/wind deflector definitely works
It doesn't eliminate every bug and no rocks, but I am cleaning my windshield less.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:30 PM

I like the RainX Orange stuff also. Works great on the flying critters!

Old 10-06-2011, 12:49 PM

The midges, or muckleheads, or whatever you want to call them have been real bad here this year due to me living about a mile from the lake. I use the turtle wax bug removed spray, its like a white foam. I wet the whole front of the truck down, then spray everywhere with the bugs with the turtlewax spray, and then after the spray sits 5-10 mins I hit the whole truck with the power washer.

This works well, and any tiny marks or spots left that are getting on your nerves can be "buffed" off with a dryer sheet. Just take a dryer sheet, fold it up, and rub the hard to get bugs right off, works good on just about every surface. Having a brush guard cleaning the grill is the worst part.

Quick Reply: Too many bugs on windshield