PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

TONS of black smoke...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:46 PM
Default TONS of black smoke...

Warning: I'm new to H1's and this post is going to besloppy.... sorry...

So I realize I do own a diesel, but every timeI come to a stopI seem to bring a big black cloud to the intersection... I've taken my rig to the local Hummer dealer and they diagnosed the smoke as "8 bad injectors and a PMD driver that is not communicating correctly"... and here's the scoop. I have a 2000 H1 with the 6.5l TD.

Basically I just need to know where to look for good deals on good parts for this thing.

I was told by the tech that worked on my rig thatI could find an aftermarket PMD that would relocate it to an easier accesspoint instead of being right underneath the fuel pump. Does anybody know what this might be and whereI might be able to find one??

And where is a good place to find factory type injectors??

Thanks for any help thrown my way, and i hope this makes sense to someone out there....

David

Old 06-21-2007, 03:44 PM
Default RE: TONS of black smoke...

Depends on what you are looking for... there are a lot of options.

Ron at Bayshore 4x4 sells a remote PMD kit, and a high performance injectors kit:
http://www.bayshore4x4.com/H1-products/performance.html

There are lots of options, though... I have had good luck pricing wise with SSD Diesel in the past for 6.5 and 6.5 turbo parts:
http://www.ssdieselsupply.com/index.html

What kind of prices are you getting from your dealership on the injectors? If it seems too high, check with Lynch Hummer for a comparison price... they will drop ship any AM General parts at no cost anyways.
http://www.lynchhummer.com

I don't have a PMD/FSD in my truck, so I haven't done the remote mount myself.
Good luck,

-Manny

Old 06-26-2007, 01:34 PM

Go to a Chevy or GMC dealer and buy the pmd, it's the same part but cheaper than the AM General price. You should be able to find the injectors from them also. The pmd relocation kit can be found on the internet for $100 if you look around, it's just a heat sink and a harness extension.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: MrHills

Warning: I'm new to H1's and this post is going to besloppy.... sorry...

So I realize I do own a diesel, but every timeI come to a stopI seem to bring a big black cloud to the intersection...
hahhah hummer haters must LOVE seeing you.... I love it!

Old 07-29-2007, 11:36 PM

My '97 H1 was producing clouds of black smoke. It turned out that my turbo harness was unplugged for some strange reason. My #8 injector line was also leaking. Runs great now and very little smoke.