PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tires screeching on full turns?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 10:13 PM

it is the nature of the beast. Any AWD vehicle will do that because the front tires are turning while putting power to the ground. FWD do it too

Old 02-02-2013, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Aussie H3
Alignment on my H3 is spot on and it still squeals, always has done since brand new.

I am sure it has something to do with the fact that it is constant all wheel drive, I would hazard a guess that if it does not squeal you have some issues with your constant four wheel drive system getting worn and sloppy.

it not only has to do with the fact that it is full time four wheel but it is also dependent on the size of tire, brand of tire, and tread pattern of the tire. the smaller and stiffer the sidewall the more it'll squeal because the rubber isn't able to roll over as much, the tread pattern because the more street and all terain the more rubber in consct with the cement, and the brand because if it is a softer or harder rubber compound will make the biggest difference. just like on my caddy cts I had a very hard compound rubber and anytime I would do a burnout all it would do is smoke the tires, it wouldn't actually squeal them.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by staggs
it not only has to do with the fact that it is full time four wheel but it is also dependent on the size of tire, brand of tire, and tread pattern of the tire. the smaller and stiffer the sidewall the more it'll squeal because the rubber isn't able to roll over as much, the tread pattern because the more street and all terain the more rubber in consct with the cement, and the brand because if it is a softer or harder rubber compound will make the biggest difference. just like on my caddy cts I had a very hard compound rubber and anytime I would do a burnout all it would do is smoke the tires, it wouldn't actually squeal them.
It makes sense that tires are a factor, these highway tires are driving me crazy, I can't go wheelin' and now this, can't wait to get my 315's