PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

tire size compatability...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Default tire size compatability...

Hey everyone; first time poster; first time hummer owner. I absolutely love it! 2006 blue lux pak, chrome trim, painted rear wheel cover. I'll get pictures up here once I put some cool stuff on it.

Does anyone know what size tires I can put on my vehicle without having to make any suspension adjustments? I have the 32" stock tires on the vehicle now and would like to go up to 35". I do not have the adventure pack with the stiffer shocks. Will I actually be handicapping my off roading ability by putting 35s on the vehicle without adjusting the suspension? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Old 05-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Default RE: tire size compatability...

Take a look at all the topics in thissection. There's tons of tire size info, and what will work.

BTW, Name:  welcome2.gif
Views: 31
Size:  3.1 KB

Old 05-09-2007, 05:13 PM

yeah...I originally posted this in a different section & the webmaster moved it here. Ithink I'll be able to find what I'm looking for now. Thanks though!

Old 05-09-2007, 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: FRESHTRACKS

Hey everyone; first time poster; first time hummer owner. I absolutely love it! 2006 blue lux pak, chrome trim, painted rear wheel cover. I'll get pictures up here once I put some cool stuff on it.

Does anyone know what size tires I can put on my vehicle without having to make any suspension adjustments? I have the 32" stock tires on the vehicle now and would like to go up to 35". I do not have the adventure pack with the stiffer shocks. Will I actually be handicapping my off roading ability by putting 35s on the vehicle without adjusting the suspension? Any thoughts?

Thanks.
BTW, make sure you post a Hello in the New Members section!

Old 05-11-2007, 12:23 PM

quick answer to your question...look at my siggy, thats a non adventure h3 with 35's on stock suspension, 3 turns of t-bar. there is no rub at full stuff while off-roading, so no it will not have an adverse effect on your wheeling.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:55 PM

thanks killer - nice truck

Old 05-11-2007, 05:02 PM

quick answer to your question...look at my siggy, thats a non adventure h3 with 35's on stock suspension, 3 turns of t-bar. there is no rub at full stuff while off-roading, so no it will not have an adverse effect on your wheeling.
When you say t-bar, what are you referring to? Is that an adjustment I can make myself?

Old 05-12-2007, 12:29 AM

yea, the t-bar or tortion bar is basically the front suspension on the truck. Where a solid front axle would have leaf springs or coils an IFS truck (like the h3) uses a tortion bar on each side. DO a search there are tons of topics on it, but basically just lay under your truck under your front drivers door area or front passengerdoor area, about 2 feet inand you will see a big hex head bolt (1 1/8" or something like that) turn that and it will raise your front end...turning it 3 times will not change your ride enough to notice.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:41 PM

Cool - thanks for the info.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:15 AM

35's fit, as others mentioned. I am writing an article about some simple mods on H3 that significantly improve flex in the rear, that truck has 35's, no lift. Works great, flexes like mad...should be up on http://hummer.offroad.com on June 1st.

Quick Reply: tire size compatability...