PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tire SENSOR----WHAT is the DEAL????

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Default RE: Tire SENSOR----WHAT is the DEAL????

plus when you build one they do not offer the 33in tire on chrome rims.

Old 08-23-2006, 05:51 PM

Looks like they change the build site you can get the 33 on chrome now.

Old 08-23-2006, 06:00 PM

I bought my Hummer back in early July, 2005. And I really wouldn't call a 265 75 R16 a car tire. Granted, it is an light all terrain tread...but I did some good off-roading in the northern mountains of Pennsylvania with no problem.

Old 08-23-2006, 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: brachilius

I have the Lux model and it has the TPS system. They are NOT rubber vlave stems. Check your info because you are wrong. "it is the lux model not to go offroad." Um, I bought a Hummer...isn't it supposed to go offroad.
actually the tps is a sensor that is attached to the valve stem...it is one piece.
heres a pic of a gm tire pressure sensor, as you can tell it is part of the valve stem.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

In the manual, it says that there are marks on the hubs/rotors that you have to line up for the tire pressure sensor's to work properly. I remember reading this a few times. It's somewhere in the manual. If you dont have the correct bolt(s) aligned in the correct holes in the rims, it won't work. There is some kind of marker indicator on the wheels and hubs that you need to line up properly to get a reading. It says right in the manual that if you don't, you will get error messages and it won't work. I don't have the manual with me but I know it's in there

I must have an h3 for dummies edition or something cause my manual does not say any of the above. I can scan it for you if you want to compare. I got my h3 in late April. (someone asked in another thread)

Old 08-23-2006, 08:48 PM

Well looks like they been changing a lot of things.
My chrome rims I had to take the sensors of the old one at that time the chrome one only came with the rubber stems.
Just like they have two different driving lights.
Plus today Hummerguy thinks there is two different manuals and i bet there is.
Now it hard to be on the same page with differant changes when you try to help someone.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:14 AM

I have noticed that I get a "Service TPM" message everytime I pass a cetain point on the freeway. It is out in the middle of nowhere at the top of a hill. There are a couple of microwave relay stations right next to the freeway. I wonder if that interfers with the signal.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:32 AM

that would absolutely cause a message, the tps system runs off of "radio" waves for lack of a better term. which is why mounting the rim in a different bolt circle than stock would have no effect as the sender is in the rim attached to the valve stem and the reciever is up near the shock (you can see it if you look)
not to argue with you hummerguy, I just realized when I started to type this that the bolt circle thing must have been a typo in your manual, maybe they found it and fixed it for newer versions.

Old 08-24-2006, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah It's 5:30 AM and talk about this being addictive...

I have my manual in my hand. When I get to work I'm going to look for those pages I mentioned and scan them. I'm sure it's in here. IF not then I'm just going insane and will check myself in!

Old 08-24-2006, 11:20 AM

That's what the OM say Mike (Hummerguy), you are correct.

Quick Reply: Tire SENSOR----WHAT is the DEAL????