PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tire Rotation Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 09:29 PM
rsc

Originally Posted by kauaineb
i had a quick question pertaining to tire rotations although its not really about natalies specific issue. i just had my tires rotated and now the tire pressure sensor is saying LOW TIRE, after saying SERV TPS. i checked the pressure and its correct. im just wondering if the dealer damaged the sensor at all when rotating the tires? anyone have any similar problem? im beginning to think the dealers mechanics arent keeping up-to-date on the servicing procedures of the H3s..... back to the dealer i go....
You probably need to do a TPMS "relearn" as outlined in the owners manual (or in one of the current threads here). The earlier manuals said to do a 4 wheel rotation and the later ones called for a 5 wheel rotation. Do whichever floats your boat. If you mix the spare into the rotation I believe the TPMS senses that the wheel's in the "wrong" place and give the code. You will find through trial and error what pressure is the min for your vehicle to not throw a code, usually around 38 psi IIRC.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by rsc
You probably need to do a TPMS "relearn" as outlined in the owners manual (or in one of the current threads here). The earlier manuals said to do a 4 wheel rotation and the later ones called for a 5 wheel rotation. Do whichever floats your boat. If you mix the spare into the rotation I believe the TPMS senses that the wheel's in the "wrong" place and give the code. You will find through trial and error what pressure is the min for your vehicle to not throw a code, usually around 38 psi IIRC.
I agree with the TPMS relearn however after midyear 2007 they stopped putting sensors in the spare. Look at the valve stem. If it is metal it likely has a sensor, if it is rubber it does not. The system on the H3 does not differentiate between the 4 tires. As long as it is receiving 4 signals within the parameters, it is happy.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
I agree with the TPMS relearn however after midyear 2007 they stopped putting sensors in the spare. Look at the valve stem. If it is metal it likely has a sensor, if it is rubber it does not. The system on the H3 does not differentiate between the 4 tires. As long as it is receiving 4 signals within the parameters, it is happy.
100% CO-RECT sir!

Old 09-28-2011, 01:21 AM

I'm a certified tech you should always have the good tires in the front for many reasons one of the most important reason is you do not want to have your front tires to go flat while driving.