PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tire Rotation Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Default Tire Rotation Issue

Today I went in to get an oil change and my tires rotated. I knew my front two tires were a little more worn than the back, hence why I wanted to get them rotated, but the mechanic working on my car came back and said that he wouldn't recommend rotating them today because you want your stronger tires in the back. Is this true? I thought that was the whole point of the rotation was so that the tires would wear our evenly. He convinced me not to do it today, but now I feel like I maybe should have gone ahead and done it. Any advice?

Thanks,
Natalie

Old 09-27-2011, 03:58 PM

H3's are all-wheel drive trucks, so go ahead and rotate them. The tech doesn't know anything about hummers, and figured the truck was a rear wheel drive vehicle. If that were true, you would want your best tires in the back for best winter traction.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:59 PM

Natalie,

I would be happy to look into this for you. What is the make and year of your vehicle? Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:04 PM

Your better tires go on the front, steering being more important than traction.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:09 PM

It's an 2006 H3

Old 09-27-2011, 04:37 PM

Natalie, don't give tricia"PEGGY" any info! She can't help anyone, and has NOT ever helped anyone. I'm not sure why the mods still let her be on here. She is NOT a GM employee. She works for a third party for GM that is here to heard people into GM dealerships to make them $!!!

Anyway, I am also with the others that most garage mechanics don't know krap about our HUMMERs. We have full time 4wd and all 4 fo your tires are important. I personally would want the best tires on the front for steering purposes.

Post up pictures of what the tires look like and we can get a better feel for your issue. You may want to buy 2 new tires and get a front end alignment if the wear is uneven on the tires that are there now.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by TAINTER; 09-27-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:45 PM

I would also agree with Tainter, better tires up front, despite our full time four wheel drive.
However, find out what kind of tire wear you are having. There are different wear patterns on tires that can tell you what's wrong. Cupping, negative/positive camber, out of balance, etc.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:03 PM
rsc

Originally Posted by GMCustomerService
Natalie,

I would be happy to look into this for you. What is the make and year of your vehicle? Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
HOW IN THE HECK DOES THIS PERTAIN TO HELPING THE OP WITH HER PROBLEM??? If you want to help, post some advice like the other folks did- something that actually has factual information in it! What are you going to "look into"? How to rotate the tires? Get out, just get out.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:42 PM

i had a quick question pertaining to tire rotations although its not really about natalies specific issue. i just had my tires rotated and now the tire pressure sensor is saying LOW TIRE, after saying SERV TPS. i checked the pressure and its correct. im just wondering if the dealer damaged the sensor at all when rotating the tires? anyone have any similar problem? im beginning to think the dealers mechanics arent keeping up-to-date on the servicing procedures of the H3s..... back to the dealer i go....

Old 09-27-2011, 08:49 PM

also, to natalie, he is a perfect example of a mechanic trying to take advantage of a woman. he is just being lazy. i think the guys at pepboys will know more about it!

Quick Reply: Tire Rotation Issue