PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

tire rotation..?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 01:54 AM
Default RE: tire rotation..?

ORIGINAL: Linus Gump

ORIGINAL: Dennis

ORIGINAL: MyH3hummer

just curious why not the spare ??
Because it has 6000 to 7000 less miles than the others and it will dominate the steering and ride..So leave it alone and always have a good spare with full life..Besides it helps with resale too ....But this is just me

As a note;; with modern radial ply tires, you can rotate anyway you want..unless you have those high dollar directional tires that come on Vettes.

So what happens when you have a blowout, or a sidewall puncture at, say, 30,000 miles and the reamining tires are still good? Do you buy 4 new tire so they all have the same wear, or do you just put on the new one and deal with the strearing variation?
You know what?..That is a good question...I'm banking I don't have a total tire failure (my glass is half full)..Keep them babies pumped to 40psi to reduce heat and friction wear for one thing..But knowing how I am..I just might invest in 4 new tires if the other three have less than half life left..Otherwise, I would put the spare and a new tire on the road on the same axle and put a used one on the spare mount...that way at least the tire wear patteren on that axle is symetrical and then start rotating front to back only...in any case, I'll deal with that situation in the best way, as it presents itself...