PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tire question

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Default RE: Tire question

I have33" BFG A/T's. GREAT in the snow, pretty good in mud so far. Haven't really tried too much of anything else yet though. Have had them in the past with no complaints. Wear fairly well, low or no road noise, doesn't effect the ride much and looks a heck of a lot better than the stock Goodyear's. Not the BEST off road tire but a good "compromise" tire

Old 04-17-2008, 10:52 PM

I've never heard anyone complain about the BFG ATs, maybe just compare them vs. ATs. They are great tires, I've seen them worked hard, aired down really low, and simply grab and go. I do more on-road than off-road so that's the compromise I made. Read the professional reviews too - I put more stock in those than a few p.o.'d customers.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:54 AM

ORIGINAL: alrock

I've never heard anyone complain about the BFG ATs, maybe just compare them vs. ATs. They are great tires, I've seen them worked hard, aired down really low, and simply grab and go. I do more on-road than off-road so that's the compromise I made. Read the professional reviews too - I put more stock in those than a few p.o.'d customers.
Agree with all that. The BFG AT's are one of the best all-around offroad tires out there. Only downsides really are that they suck in mud and they sometimes have a tendency of the lugs getting chewed up pretty good and chunking.

As someone else mentioned, if you do a lot of snow driving (which also assumes ice), you'll want a tire with siping.