PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

tire pressure system...hmmmm

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 03:09 AM
Default tire pressure system...hmmmm

I have put over 100 miles on the h3 since I put the new rims/tires on and have not got the tps message once. It's supposed to come on at every ignition cycle but after 20 or so ignition cycles I still haven't got a message...hmmm.

BTW...I did NOT put the tps sensors in the new rims.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:32 AM
Default RE: tire pressure system...hmmmm

I had a set of 35's installed by the dealer and I get the service tpm message everytime I use the vehicle. I dont think the sensors are installed or if they are it hasnt been re-calibrated. I know the manual tells you how to do it and all that but it just doesnt bother me that much. I was gonna wait until somthing more "serious" shows up and take it back to the dealer and let them mess with it. My .02

Old 09-15-2006, 11:13 AM

Why did you not use your tps.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:17 PM

Two reasons, didn't feel like unmounting my stock tires from the rims to get them out and didn't want to spend money on new ones. The worst thing that can happen by not having them is you get a message on your trip odometer screen at every ignition cycle, just push in the stem and clear it...no biggie as far as I'm concerned. I find it interesting that I have no sensors at all and still have not gotten a message.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:26 PM

ORIGINAL: markthetech

I had a set of 35's installed by the dealer and I get the service tpm message everytime I use the vehicle. I dont think the sensors are installed or if they are it hasnt been re-calibrated. I know the manual tells you how to do it and all that but it just doesnt bother me that much. I was gonna wait until somthing more "serious" shows up and take it back to the dealer and let them mess with it. My .02
When you say 35's, I assume you mean JUST tires..So if you still have the stock wheels then the sensors are more than likely still there..And just need recalibration.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

I have put over 100 miles on the h3 since I put the new rims/tires on and have not got the tps message once. It's supposed to come on at every ignition cycle but after 20 or so ignition cycles I still haven't got a message...hmmm.

BTW...I did NOT put the tps sensors in the new rims.
I remember reading somewhere...That if the whole set of TPS are missing, the TPM system shuts down....Which makes sense, Sorta pointless to monitor nothing.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:29 AM

Custom rims as well as tires. Sorry for the short info. At any rate I'm not sure if they bothered to install the sensors in the new rims. If not I should probably get the rig back there and have them installed and calibrated.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:55 AM

Dennis, that would make scense but I never heard of it before. I know a member here got new rims and 35's with no sensors and had the check tps message come on at every ignition cycle. I forgot his name but he had a black h3 with a big superman type decal in the back window except it had a G in it instead of an S...know who I am talking about?

Mark, the sensors are one piece with the valve stems, easy way to check would be to see if you new rims have your old valve stems in them or if the valve stems in the new rims look like the ones in your stock rims.

Old 09-16-2006, 03:24 AM

when i bought mine the dealer forgot to have them put in the new rims they had put on. the light came on after a few miles of driven. like u said i drove it two weeks and just reset it each time it came up. i had a nail in one a month ago so i put on the spare and the light came on as well. i'm not sure but i don't think the spare has a sensor?

Old 09-16-2006, 03:38 AM

oh ok, yes the spare has a sensor but in order for the computer to know where you moved it to you will have to calibrate it using the steps in the manual. Basically all your doing is telling the copmputer that you are moving tore position 5 to tire position 3 or where ever it is.

Quick Reply: tire pressure system...hmmmm