PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tire Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Default Tire Issue?

Ok, one more question. I know a lot of you have had the intermediate steering shaft replaced. I noticed the little thumping in my gas and brake pedal when I hit small bumps....so I will have to have it done. The H3 has a little under 300 miles on it. When I test drove it on Friday, from the dealer, I noticed it had flat spotted tires. This was a showroom model and it was sitting since August. I let them know that the tires were flat spotted and they said it should get better once it is driven. It has gotten better, but now I notice that the right front seems to shake....like it is out of balance...speed sensitive to.....starts in around 25-30mph and then you can feel it again from 65-70mph. I know someone said that when they had their vehicle checked for a vibration, that they found that some pieces on the front end were so loose, that they almost fell off. I can't remember what the part was or who posted it.....My question is does the bad steering shaft have an affect on the tires or feedback on the steering wheel? Other comments or suggestions would be great!

Old 01-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Tire Issue?

Main thing is the new car should not do that. Whatever the cause they will fix it. You should not have to deal with the flattened tire issue on a new car unless they cut you a special as-is deal. It should get better as you drive it but if it sat in the same position, unmoved, for months it may never be 100% right. Let them figure out what is wrong. ( could be out of balance tires, alignment.... )

Old 01-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Default RE: Tire Issue?

Steering shaft issue doesn't affect steering, alignment, etc. Usually it just shows up when the vehicle is hot, after running a while. I think you have two issues there. [/align]