PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tire changes

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Default Tire changes

Hey guys -

Been a while since I've posted here but I wanted to come here to see what you guys think I should get as far as tire/chrome wheel replacement. I currently own a white '07 H3 w/ Luxury Package. I still have the stock wheels/tires that originally came with the vehicle. I'm approaching 40 some-odd thousand miles and my tires are SHOT! I will not pass the NYS inspection which I'm going to be overdue for.

What do you guys think for new tires? And where should I get them? (I've heard tirerack.com is a great site) I don't necessarily need to buy the new wheels but since I've purchased the truck, I've wanted the black wheels to go with the white. Always thought it looked awesome.

As for usage, I take the truck on the beach a lot in the summer but other than that I do not do a lot of off roading. I'm looking for something that will give me a smooth quiet ride on the road but can handle well on the beach in the sand.

Thank you so much in advance for your time!

Old 08-21-2010, 01:36 PM

I bought my Duratracs from the local goodyear dealer in my area. Their prices were the same as Tirerack and there was no shipping charge. i agree the black wheels look sharp on a white rig.

Name:  003-5.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  197.8 KB

Old 08-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Banned

If you dont plan to use your HUMMER as it was intended, just get more stock foofoo Wrangler tires. They are cheap and they last forever.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by 85_305
If you dont plan to use your HUMMER as it was intended, just get more stock foofoo Wrangler tires. They are cheap and they last forever.
would you recommend some fuzzy pink dice as well?

-------

TS, if an occasional trip to the beach is all you're planning for, I'd just stick to a light truck tire like what you currently have or a mild all terrain. No reason getting a more aggressive set of tires that will cost you hundreds more. But if looks mean enough for the extra price tag to ya, then do whatever makes you happy.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:38 PM

That's just sad.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Manson75
would you recommend some fuzzy pink dice as well?

-------
Absolutely; they will compliment the Wranglers well.

Originally Posted by DJINCO
That's just sad.
I agree.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:47 AM

Guys I appreciate your responses, but I was asking for help choosing a tire not for people to comment on the way I use my truck.

MarkSteven - You're truck looks amazing dude. These are the ones: http://www.treadepot.com/review/wdtr.html ?

Last edited by Nick119; 08-22-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Nick119
Guys I appreciate your responses, but I was asking for help choosing a tire not for people to comment on the way I use my truck.

MarkSteven - You're truck looks amazing dude. Can you link me to those tires that you have?
Thank you, they are Goodyear's Duratrac's. mine are the 315x75x16's. Excellent on & off road tire. great in deep snow as well as rain. very nice on pavement, no annoying growling from them. If you go with the 285's (33") they are nicely priced. If i did it over again i would have went with 33's.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nick119

MarkSteven - You're truck looks amazing dude. These are the ones: http://www.treadepot.com/review/wdtr.html ?
You are on an offroading site with an offroading machine; kettle, meet black?

But dont go with expensive duratracs if you dont plan to actually use your truck. Stick with the stock cheap wranglers; they will do everything you are asking for.

Originally Posted by marksteven
Thank you, they are Goodyear's Duratrac's. mine are the 315x75x16's. Excellent on & off road tire. great in deep snow as well as rain. very nice on pavement, no annoying growling from them. If you go with the 285's (33") they are nicely priced. If i did it over again i would have went with 33's.
Why would you have gone with 33's over 35's? Outta curiousity..

Old 08-22-2010, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by 85_305
You are on an offroading site with an offroading machine; kettle, meet black?

But dont go with expensive duratracs if you dont plan to actually use your truck. Stick with the stock cheap wranglers; they will do everything you are asking for.

Why would you have gone with 33's over 35's? Outta curiousity..

For me, the fuel milage loss as well as acceleration/power difference wasnt worth going with 315's. I take some decent road trips of 1000 + miles and the milage becomes more noticeable as well as the constant searching for gears while climbing hi-way grades, not present with the OEM 285's/33's

Quick Reply: Tire changes