PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tints Tommorow!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Default Tints Tommorow!!!

i decided to get tints tomorow 15%

what do you guys think about the strip in the front windsheild , should i get it or not?

Old 09-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Default RE: Tints Tommorow!!!

My vote- no. The window is already small enough that it doesn't need tint. It's not like the huge windshield on a 90s Camaro or Dodge Intrepid that begs for tint. And I'm in sunny AZ and couldn't live w/o the side tint. [/align]

Old 09-04-2007, 05:22 PM

When i bought mine the fronts were tinted waaaaayyy dark. I loved it. Highway patrol, not so much. I can understand why this is an important crime tofight when there aretractor trailers, constantly running thethree red lights through town at 60 + mph all day long, less then a mile from where i got pulled over. Of course, i got no warning, just a nice $85.00 ticket. I wish they would go fight real crime instead of screwing around in town. Hello?? Highway patrol?? Meanwhile, the city cops patrol the highway through town. The last time i actually needed the highway patrol (after an accident) it took them over an hour to show up.

"How do you see out your windows at night??" Simple. I put them down. My car has a magic button that moves them out of the way in about 2 seconds.

So i bought a roll of 35% to be right on the line of the law. I will probably get another ticket as the front tint is down past the magic "AS1" line.
I wouldn't get one of the logo banners,I thinktacky, and funny when they spell the custom ones wrong. There was a "camero" in town for a while that i always got a laugh out of.Personally i would say, go for a pretty dark tint to the AS1 line (if your state allows it) unless you like putting the sun visor down, which blocks much more of your window. I'm 6'1" so the sun visors pretty much block the whole window for me.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:52 PM

I full faced my front windshield since it legal here in Guam. It looks meaner!

Old 09-04-2007, 06:03 PM

I live in New Jersey and it only been about a month since I tinted my front windows(50%) and windsheild(35%) and Ive gotten 6 tickets. Back windows are each 95%. Thank God for backup cameras.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:16 PM

I Live in New York and tints are illegal
i actually got window tint ticket as well around 80 dollers
i dint want to pay it so i took them off ... Old car
Now i got the H3 and i want to tint them .. it will cost me 60 bucks for the two side windows.
I decided not to get the sun visor tint for my car

Old 09-05-2007, 01:33 AM

I'm in upstate NY and have never been bothered and my pickup and Audi were both not even close to being legal, guess I've been lucky......Back to the topic, if my deal goes thru I'll be doing the fronts and a strip across the top of the windsheild.....

I say go for it !!

Old 09-05-2007, 05:43 AM

An 8in strip of tint across the windshield would be fine. I say go for it too!

Old 09-05-2007, 05:52 PM

I just got my H3. It's black and the day after i got it i tint the front two window and windshield 20% looks awesome i figured in NY any tint on the front windows is illegel so might as well tint the shield too.
Jay

Old 09-05-2007, 06:26 PM

ORIGINAL: docsisstretch

I just got my H3. It's black and the day after i got it i tint the front two window and windshield 20% looks awesome i figured in NY any tint on the front windows is illegel so might as well tint the shield too.
Jay
Thats correct, I was told if there is any factory tint on the front windows at all you can not makethem any darker or they will be illegal in NY.....