PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tint headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 05:22 PM

Shoah ok guys tensions a little high with some people I was just asking if anyone had done it or any problems on OUR trucks, not a ricer. As long as the light is a certain brightness or reaches a certain distance(I.e. visible from a certain distance) its legal. Now if you have stock bulbs your obviously not going to reach the requirements, but with HIDs I have plenty of brightness. Probably wasn't going to do it anyway until I have seen another one done which I guess no one here has. Not trying to start a flame party fellas just asking for info. ( by the way I don't drink and drive and I don't get harassed by police. Perks of the job)

Old 06-08-2012, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by NcH3
Shoah ok guys tensions a little high with some people I was just asking if anyone had done it or any problems on OUR trucks, not a ricer. As long as the light is a certain brightness or reaches a certain distance(I.e. visible from a certain distance) its legal. Now if you have stock bulbs your obviously not going to reach the requirements, but with HIDs I have plenty of brightness. Probably wasn't going to do it anyway until I have seen another one done which I guess no one here has. Not trying to start a flame party fellas just asking for info. ( by the way I don't drink and drive and I don't get harassed by police. Perks of the job)
Basically,what some have already said before;check with your DMV and follow your state/local laws. I don't see why you shouldn't tint your lights but keep in mind that Hummer's will generally be the bigger vehicle in the road(aside from Big Rigs etc) and it has more lights to help deter accidents and helps other drivers be aware of you and your vehicle.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:40 PM

Many moons ago I had my headlight and fog light with the tint film on them, the light output was cut down and IMO I would say don't do it at all.Name:  103_0194.jpg
Views: 2290
Size:  215.0 KB

Old 06-08-2012, 09:05 PM

As long as the light is a certain brightness or reaches a certain distance(I.e. visible from a certain distance) its legal.
This is not true.
First off, HID "kits" are illegal in all 50 states. The "kits" use HID bulbs (envelopes) in a halogen headlight housing and produces a beam pattern that causes glare to oncoming drivers. Yes, they put out allot of light. Halogen bulbs should only be used in halogen headlight housings
Beam pattern is what the DOT uses as a guide for what is legal and what is not legal.

Tinting headlights whether legal or not doesn't make much sense. Why would you want to decrease your seeing at night ?

Old 06-08-2012, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by wfturner
This is not true.
First off, HID "kits" are illegal in all 50 states. The "kits" use HID bulbs (envelopes) in a halogen headlight housing and produces a beam pattern that causes glare to oncoming drivers. Yes, they put out allot of light. Halogen bulbs should only be used in halogen headlight housings
Beam pattern is what the DOT uses as a guide for what is legal and what is not legal.

Tinting headlights whether legal or not doesn't make much sense. Why would you want to decrease your seeing at night ?

^^^^^ I didn't know what I was smoking when I when I tinted my front lights. Like I said I wouldn't do it again.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:44 PM

Ok cool that's all I wanted to see. Not going to do it dosnt have the look I wanted. That's all I wanted. Easy, I understand the concern of tinting for night driving. Hids are the only lights I'll use now after using them. Halogens I feel like I can't see now

Old 07-02-2012, 08:33 AM

Has anyone bought the headlights I have listed below?
Universal Spyder Projector Headlights - 7 x 6 Inch - Black - PRO-CL-7X6-BK by Spyder
I have never seen this on any vehicle yet and I am looking to do something different

Old 07-02-2012, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by bosoxdew
Universal Spyder Projector Headlights - 7 x 6 Inch - Black - PRO-CL-7X6-BK by Spyder
I have never seen this on any vehicle yet and I am looking to do something different
They look similar to the STARR system headlights

Attached Thumbnails Tint headlights?-starr-.jpg   Tint headlights?-other-.jpg  
Old 07-02-2012, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by bosoxdew
On vehicle

Attached Thumbnails Tint headlights?-my-h3-.jpg  
Old 07-02-2012, 05:07 PM

Wfturner how hard was the install?

Quick Reply: Tint headlights?