PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

time for tires need opinon

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Default time for tires need opinon

ok time for tires would like to go with larger size but have to stick with stock size for now, looking at hankooks, dont know that much about them can someone give me opinion on this tire. also little off subject, I will be cranking up the torsion bars to level out the front. Does this in any way negatively affect the front suspension?

Old 06-23-2010, 06:08 AM

I researched tires for months. It came down to Hankook Dynapros, Mickey Thompson MTZs, Cooper STTs and Goodyear Duratracs.

I decided to go with the Goodyear Duratracs. They have great reviews and are a good tire in rain, snow, highway driving, plus great off road abilities in mud & rocks.

I went with 33's but many people go with 35's. My front is leveled to 23.5" with no trouble so far.

Name:  100_2226.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  70.7 KB

Old 06-23-2010, 06:21 AM

Bunger, Off-topic, but I notice a radio antenna forward of the drivers door. I am trying to figure out a good place for a HAM 2M antenna. I found out quickly that the H3 is pretty tightly sealed around the doors.
Any advice?
Thank you, Doug in Colorado Springs

Old 06-23-2010, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by DJINCO
Bunger, Off-topic, but I notice a radio antenna forward of the drivers door. I am trying to figure out a good place for a HAM 2M antenna. I found out quickly that the H3 is pretty tightly sealed around the doors.
Any advice?
Thank you, Doug in Colorado Springs
That's an Firestick antenna with a Molded Side Mount.
http://www.firestik.com/index.htm

It has standard 3/8-24 thread connection which will accept the Firestick CB or 2 Meter antennas.
You need to pull down the plastic inner fender liner to get access to the inside of the fender. Mine is mounted just below the GM emblem on the flat just infront of the driver's door.
The antenna cable is routed into the engine compartment then thru the firewall to the interior. Not a difficult install. The hardest part was getting the courage to drill a hole into my brand new truck.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:47 PM

Small world. I only saw maybe 1 or 2 other H3s before I moved from the Springs last summer. Good luck with the antenna install.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:56 PM

I am also considering the Hankooks. I love the look oif the Duratracs, but I still am not convinced they won't cup like the Wrangler RT-S. As for Hankooks, I have a set on my VW bus and LOVE them on there. They are wearing very nicely and seem to be a well built tire. I know this is a completely different animal, but I would expect the same quality in their other tires.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Banned
Default tires and antennas!

since i gave up on trading up to 2010 i guess i need to take my own advice,,,the best place is in the middle and every car ive owned ended up with a hole there. an old van had about 6!!

so im ready to drill and will report back.
btw i do use a mag mount just careful running coax

i dont know this headliner???

tom

Old 06-23-2010, 09:53 PM

have any of you guys know of any one who's changed engines out ? And if so what kind and size did they replace it with

Old 06-23-2010, 10:13 PM

Had Hankook tires on my Stealth a few years back and they were great, lasted a very long time.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Since you asked,..... I would not be in a big hurry to put Korean (Hancook) tires on my truck. I only know one guy who ever had them, and he traded them back on a different set to Discount Tire in less than 30 days.

Micky Thompson and Cooper are the way to go, USA company made in the USA.

Quick Reply: time for tires need opinon