PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

throttle body spacer

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 10:56 AM

I have Alphas with Air Docs.

I notice a difference in the mid range and a smoother off idle takeoff. I've never had an issue with the fit or finish of them. Direct bolt-on I just followed the directions included.

Yes, the fan is close as with any aftermarket intake for the Alphas. The fans on 4 different Alphas that I have installed the Air Docs on have been on have never touched the intake.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by mvrocky
I have an Air Doc installed on my Alpha, it's ok not super improvment in performance. Every time on this forum when some talks about performance, Air Doc is a must have !
Are you all brainwashed ? Show my some numbers,I asked Air Doc for some and they couldn't
It doesn't fit so good too, there answer is file the fan blades down
I have installed airintake's by K&N & Air Aid on different cars and I never had a problem !
I wouldn't buy an Air Doc air tube again! Buy a K&N etc...
Even K&N doesnt post proper numbers (estimated up to ** hp). They dont even have a dyno chart for the H3 (stock or alpha). So you can't blame the doc for not putting figures out there.
Anyone who installed the airdoc said they felt a difference, me included. I did it on the 3.5L and it gave me a half second difference (0-60) since numbers are important to you (I also like numbers and 0-60 is my way of seeing the difference). Anyway, dont expect a dragster, just a small improvement. As others would tell u, its not a supercharger!

Old 02-20-2013, 07:20 AM

K&N does post numbers(10.97 HP @ 4754 RPM ) for 3.7, $295 of a K&N intake system (guaranteed dyno tested)and $155 + shipping for an AirDoc and ??? HP gained. It's your call(I like something that is guaranteed)

Old 02-20-2013, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by mvrocky
K&N does post numbers(10.97 HP @ 4754 RPM ) for 3.7, $295 of a K&N intake system (guaranteed dyno tested)and $155 + shipping for an AirDoc and ??? HP gained. It's your call(I like something that is guaranteed)
Sorry I meant for the H3. Here is the dyno numbers K&N posts, its for a GMC Canyon btw, which is related to the H3.
Btw I dont see an intake system for the Alpha. Is there any?

http://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/63-3065_dyno.pdf

Last edited by amrg; 02-20-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:53 PM

Well I don't have an alpha. Just a 06 lux with the 3.5. Nothing done to it really. Just fixes done. And still have a couple left to do. the upgrade plans are at least six months away. Just making a list.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:35 PM

if you really want some better gas mileage and good performance there is one simple thing that will work....

go to the local Chevy dealer and trade it in on a vette.

We are driving hummers, a brick shaped object simple as that. No matter how many aftermarket bolt on you throw at it, you are still going to get bad gas mileage and bad throttle response. Unless you spend thousands and thousands properly redoing the entire drivetrain with custom items realize that you will not avg 20 mpg and you will not run a 14 sec quarter mile.

If you want o spend money on engine performance go ahead, but do not expect something unrealistic. You may gain 1 mpg and 20 hp, but that focus sitting next to you at a red light still does better.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by staggs
We are driving hummers, a brick shaped object simple as that. No matter how many aftermarket bolt on you throw at it, you are still going to get bad gas mileage and bad throttle response. Unless you spend thousands and thousands properly redoing the entire drivetrain with custom items realize that you will not avg 20 mpg and you will not run a 14 sec quarter mile.
AMEN to that!

Old 02-21-2013, 12:06 PM

Really??? I thought this was just the offroad version of the Prius. Easy mistake, I guess.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:34 PM

It's wrong in wanting more power, is that the American way ???

Old 02-21-2013, 08:13 PM

Well Srry. Not American so i slide by there. I only wanna gain 30 or so hp. And i figured it would gain me a couple mpg if i do it the right way. A few hills where i live and with it reving between 2400-3400 to get up some of the hills and not going fast. It seems to labour a fair bit. I am guessing it would help power up them a bit better thus gaining me some. And i didn't think it was going to be good on gas when i bought it either like you said. I bought a hummer to own one and wouldn't trade it for anything else. I got this cheaper than any other suv at the time and i didn't wanna get stuck in a ford escape or a kia. For four grand more!!!

Quick Reply: throttle body spacer