PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

throttle body spacer

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Default throttle body spacer

Hey guys. I dunno how long it has been or if it ever has been cleaned (169889 km). But sometime soon here I am gonna take the plunge and clean my throttle body and maf. I was just curious as to what kind of difference the throttle body spacer will actually make? I see it is relatively cheap at a hundred or so bucks. If it gives any mph or hp gains i will prob do it. It claims up to 30hp... I doubt that. But i would also like to hear from people who have one in theirs especially so to hear if there are any complications or problems it may cause . As well i have been looking in to an air doc and am wonderring if i can use one with the other with no problems. I assume you can but just curious i guess. Thanks guys in advance.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:35 PM

Any links to this spacer and the claims it makes??

Where do we buy them??

Old 02-18-2013, 07:51 PM

Throttle body spacers are a waste of money do not waste your money on it. If you want hp gains you should get a air-doc intake, cat-back exhaust system, & a pcm tune.. You can also get the ported throttle body

Last edited by Ed's06h3; 02-19-2013 at 01:13 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:55 PM

I have the airaid throttle body spacer. It was 100 bucks. And it does nothing. It adds a little whistle when accelerating up to about 3000 rpm starting around 2000 Rpms. It added no noticeable gains anywhere. No fuel mileage gains or loses. No power gains at least in the seat of your pants. It's a paper weight that makes your motor look a little different than the next guys. Obviously we are all going to do what we want with our money but there are better things to spend a hundred bucks on.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 PM

if you can afford the shipping, I would spend the money on a ported throttle body. You would enjoy it a lot more and it does help.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Default Throttle Body Spacer

Hi all..I purchased a throttle body spacer, AFE, it did seems like it give the truck a little kick, however, it was hard to tell...I removed it and replaced it with K & N FIPK CAI..now this gave a noticable gain in performance...also loud when you step on..one thing though I need to mention..you can hear a little whistling on the passenger side..but not bad if you have the radio on..but this was on my H2, don't know the set up on an H3...just my two cents..

Dan

Old 02-19-2013, 12:08 AM

Listen to Ed, Yeller & Skeeter. Throttle body spacers are a waste of your hard earned $. No proven performance or mileage gains. DOC has an article which quotes a guy from AIRAID stating that they can't prove they do anything to improve performance or mileage.

BUT, If you do decide to buy one anyway I will sell you this electric turbo charger that has been said to add 25-55HP AND send you a throttle body spacer for FREE! All that for only $129.65!
Name:  Electric-Turbo-Charger_zps7a2a1b23.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  256.4 KB

Old 02-19-2013, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER

BUT, If you do decide to buy one anyway I will sell you this electric turbo charger that has been said to add 25-55HP AND send you a throttle body spacer for FREE! All that for only $129.65!
I wish it was that simple

Old 02-19-2013, 05:03 AM

Thanks guys. I wondered that about it being he same as the electric turbo thing..... I asked about them too... There are alot of money making garbage traps out there.
I guess I will just go for the air doc and intake and exhaust before anything. I still got a.list going for a bunch of things. I will prob get one of the obd2 scannerve that mounts on the dash.
Will def clean the tb and maf though!!

Old 02-19-2013, 08:02 AM
Default Air doc input

I have an Air Doc installed on my Alpha, it's ok not super improvment in performance. Every time on this forum when some talks about performance, Air Doc is a must have !
Are you all brainwashed ? Show my some numbers,I asked Air Doc for some and they couldn't
It doesn't fit so good too, there answer is file the fan blades down
I have installed airintake's by K&N & Air Aid on different cars and I never had a problem !
I wouldn't buy an Air Doc air tube again! Buy a K&N etc...

Quick Reply: throttle body spacer