PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Throttle Body Cleaning Procedure

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 11:34 AM

great thread

Old 09-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Default Here is a great write up on how to perform this cleaning procedure

H3 Throttle body and MAF sensor cleaning

Old 01-13-2014, 11:41 AM

WARNING! anytime you disconnect anything electrical on a H3 there is a good chance your going to have significant unrelated problems.
I have 2 Hummers and everytime i disconnect the battery the drivers side door locks/window and door locks will become inoperable. Sometimes im able to reset them by methods i found in this forum and sometimes it doesn't work and resets itself after a week.
Also, when i cleaned my throttle body using this advice i found here my throttle body and pedal got out of sync and my traction stabilizer failed and im losing power. Still havent found a fix after replacing all fuses/breakers and trying to clear codes. Upon trying to remedy the issue i broke the plastic line beneath the throttle body sensor. These maintenance tips are very vague even for seasoned veterans like myself. i hope u have an extended warranty

Old 01-13-2014, 11:46 AM
Exclamation throttle body cleaning

WARNING! anytime you disconnect anything electrical on a H3 there is a good chance your going to have significant unrelated electrical problems.
I have 2 Hummers and everytime i disconnect the battery the drivers side door locks/window and door locks will become inoperable. Sometimes im able to reset them by methods i found in this forum and sometimes it doesn't work and resets itself after a week.
Also, when i cleaned my throttle body using this advice i found here ,my throttle body and pedal got out of sync and my traction stabilizer failed and i'm losing power. Still haven't found a fix after replacing all fuses/breakers and trying to clear codes. Upon trying to remedy the issue i broke the plastic line beneath the throttle body sensor-it's fragile and you can only get it from a dealer. These maintenance tips are very vague even for seasoned veterans like myself. i hope u have an extended warranty.
The good thing is that my motor has never ran better

Old 01-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Fine job of digging up a 2 year old thread.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...bumping-23221/

Old 01-13-2014, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Fine job of digging up a 2 year old thread.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...bumping-23221/
i havent found a newer thread and i thought anybody researching it might want to save themselves some trouble. did i offend your thread or are you just another lonely forum troll?

Old 01-13-2014, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by chitis
i havent found a newer thread and i thought anybody researching it might want to save themselves some trouble. did i offend your thread or are you just another lonely forum troll?
FYI, The "Lonely Forum Troll" is this forums' Super Moderator and one of the world's foremost experts on the Hummer H3. I am surprised you did not run across some of his posts during your searches. I did notice you recently joined. Welcome

Old 01-13-2014, 01:38 PM
Default old/new information useful

when I check in daily and often see zero activity in 24 hours often, I welcome any discussion of useful info and often the old post is a good lead in. I really don't see the difference in a new post exactly like the old one. im also betting the advertizers welcome anything that creats interest.

would it be better to go 24 hours with nothing to read??
of course im aware of what my dad used to say,"the boss isn't always right but the boss is always the boss!!"

Old 01-13-2014, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
FYI, The "Lonely Forum Troll" is this forums' Super Moderator and one of the world's foremost experts on the Hummer H3. I am surprised you did not run across some of his posts during your searches. I did notice you recently joined. Welcome
ive actually only been reading this forum for a few yews. i never really saw any trolling. this is the only forum i have ever joined since my experience has been pretty cool people helping each other . so if your such an expert i wonder why u havent tried to help me? as i was just trying help someone like they helped me

Old 01-13-2014, 01:57 PM

Oh GREAT SUPER MODERATOR,
Please forgive me for insult. I am but a weary junior member. I beg that you explain my humble question as to why every time i disconnect my battery that my power door locks become inoperable??? I am on my knees for your Worlds foremost expert advice.I am but an ignorant enthusiast

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Cleaning Procedure