PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Third Row Seating

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 02:43 AM
Default Third Row Seating

I have done a little research about the third row seating and seen lots of different options. I have even seen some in past threads for sale, I don't plan on getting one any time soon because I need to save up a little more money before I can go spending it again but I do want to hear what you have and what you do or don't like about what you have.

1. - To buy a single factory style seat. Easiest to install (I'm assuming) but is getting one more person worth the money?

2. - The full bench seat that I have seen all over the web going for around $800. A little pricey but it will give me 2-3 extra seats. Although, I read that for this option I may have to do some drilling in my H2? I can do a lot of things on my own but something about drilling a hole in my truck makes me a little nervous, is this a hard thing to do?

3. - Just leave it as it is because the third row isn't big enough for a 5 year old to sit back there so just use the room as cargo and forget the whole thing. I like the financial side of this but I would like to get a few more friends in the back on a snow trip to help divide the gas a little more.

Thanks in advance for any advice I get.

Jeff

Old 01-11-2008, 04:17 AM
Default RE: Third Row Seating

Mine is laying around in the Garage collecting Dust(single seat) that seat is only good for smallerKids

Old 01-11-2008, 05:35 AM

I would leave the back alone and put some subs instead of seats

Old 01-11-2008, 08:18 AM

[sm=pimp.gif]thats what i did Gorillah2

Old 01-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Mine came out and stayed in the store room until I traded the truck. When I bought my H2 the dealer had a couple at the dealership they had removed because people didn't want them. My salesperson said they knocked $500.00 of the price of the truck but if you bought the seat separately it was $800-1000.00. You might try some of the local dealers or Ebay and see if you can't get the factory seat cheaper.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:06 PM

ORIGINAL: bluezgo

I have done a little research about the third row seating and seen lots of different options. I have even seen some in past threads for sale, I don't plan on getting one any time soon because I need to save up a little more money before I can go spending it again but I do want to hear what you have and what you do or don't like about what you have.

1. - To buy a single factory style seat. Easiest to install (I'm assuming) but is getting one more person worth the money?

2. - The full bench seat that I have seen all over the web going for around $800. A little pricey but it will give me 2-3 extra seats. Although, I read that for this option I may have to do some drilling in my H2? I can do a lot of things on my own but something about drilling a hole in my truck makes me a little nervous, is this a hard thing to do?

3. - Just leave it as it is because the third row isn't big enough for a 5 year old to sit back there so just use the room as cargo and forget the whole thing. I like the financial side of this but I would like to get a few more friends in the back on a snow trip to help divide the gas a little more.

Thanks in advance for any advice I get.

Jeff
Hey Jeff....
To respond to your questions:[/align][/align]1) No installation required. All hooks, and pins are already there. Mine was already there. In and out in 10 seconds.[/align][/align]2) I was interested in thebenchseat too. When I inquired about it I was told that the H2 03-05 has the inside tire mount so the hole is already in place. But for 06 & 07 supposedly there is a bolt already underneath the carpet? I kinda lost interest before I pulled up my carpet to confirm this.[/align][/align]3) My 15 year old has sat in the third seat for short trips with no complaints and he is 5'10.[/align]

Old 01-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

I'd never do it... I don't like the fact that there is no way to open the door from the inside. The ability to egress the vehicle is important to me.

Not trying todiscourage you... but it is a valid point.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:24 PM

I bought a third row seat for my H2 and TJ for $300.00 eachon ebay. I had seen them sell for $500-$800even onebay My Nieces and nephews always fight over who thewinner is and who gets to sit in the back seat. I wanteda two person third row seat but if you have the spare on the inside of the '03you can only usethe single seat unless you remove the spare tire and modify the floorand get a rear tire carrier or roof rack for the spare. Lots of $ and work to me. The single seat is light and takes up no room to store in the garage.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

There is a Hummer H2 third row OEM single seat on Ebay now. Auction is up in less than two days. Starting price is $375.00 but has no bids so far.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:02 AM

I have been watching that for a little while now. More to see where it goes then to actually bid on it. I am still on the fence for what I want to do. I had updated the stereo in my other car, but thanks to someone who wanted it more than I did. I now went back to stock so I really don't want to put my subs back in any car. They are doing much better collecting dust in my garage. At least I don't have to come out to my car with my dash on the floor and my doors ripped to shreads. Seeing that was more painful than realizing how much was stolen.

Quick Reply: Third Row Seating